Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brand new Higwayman in Brown Steer

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
FYI just to clear up anything, I have decided to keep this jacket. I was an a stray path toward selling it, but just realized it would be very difficult to replace. It's the next one in rotation for some break-in action. Hold on, there will be update fit photos of it sometime in the next few weeks.

Edward

Bartender
Excellent jacket. I have one in black steer, an Appirentice model (blue label, a few months before Ken introduced the Robin Hood Apprentice Made label). Fantastic jacket. I had avoided the model for soem years because I assumed it would be too boxy on me. Saw mine at a great deal on the Aero site, saw Hoosierdaddy's great HWM too, and took a punt. It has since become one of my favourite leathers to wear - and probably one of the most complimented.

Fit looks good on you, as it should - little bit looser than a halfbelt, but not very loose. Little bit more room than the original Highwayman branded jacket from Rivetts of Leytonstone on which Ken based the pattern - as was intended; they were going for a slightly more Americanised fit at the time (a more exact repro of that late 50s Highwayman is now available from Aero as the Original 59er Highwayman).

If I ever see the right used deal or maybe another Apprentice model, I'd be happy to jump on a brown HWM. Such a versatile style for a 50s look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner