Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brave Leather Factory on BT this morning

Stand By

One Too Many
Good day folks,
I was surprised to discover that Jenn, the roving reporter on BT (Breakfast Television) on CityTV here in Toronto, was at a leather factory this morning!
This is the first part I saw (3/5) and in this slot, she sees how a leather belt is made and I found it interesting to see:

http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/4608962750001/

In part 4, the owner discusses the rolls of hides and he says he likes the aniline/veg-tanned leathers best. I didn't see the other 3 - I'm too busy to stand and watch TV in the mornings! But the other parts are in the link and I thought that it would be worth posting for anyone interested in leather.
Alas, I've never been to Aero/AL or anything similar, so I have no idea how this compares - and I merely submit this for everyone for casual interest.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Good day folks,
I was surprised to discover that Jenn, the roving reporter on BT (Breakfast Television) on CityTV here in Toronto, was at a leather factory this morning!
This is the first part I saw (3/5) and in this slot, she sees how a leather belt is made and I found it interesting to see:

http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/4608962750001/

In part 4, the owner discusses the rolls of hides and he says he likes the aniline/veg-tanned leathers best. I didn't see the other 3 - I'm too busy to stand and watch TV in the mornings! But the other parts are in the link and I thought that it would be worth posting for anyone interested in leather.
Alas, I've never been to Aero/AL or anything similar, so I have no idea how this compares - and I merely submit this for everyone for casual interest.
Cheers.

Very Interesting.
Hugely different to the Aero factory, the only machines we have are straight forward sewing machines, nothing computerised and all cutting done by hand with a stanley knife.

You would think he would wear his shirt tucked in to show of his belt wouldn't you ?

Stand By

One Too Many
Yes indeed - a lost opportunity alright; a chance to not only to show off his wares but also to not look like a slob on TV. But looking at their website and considering their market of modern (and showbiz) customers, I'm sure he's dressed just fine and they'll do well for the TV plug (as I hope they do).
Mind, I swear I'll never understand or get used to that look as long as I live. But that's just me.
I thought it was interesting all the same (and I'm sure it smells fantastic in there!) - and it was nice to be able to understand everything he was saying, due to me hanging around this joint!
Glad to hear you're all analogue at your end and you rely on people employing true traditional craft. That's my kind of place and where I'd send my business.

Last edited:
The shirt thing is 100% "in" today. That aside, I love vid's on how things are made, but it's funny how he keeps saying "everything is done by hand". Well, sorta...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy