Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Break in at Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how anyone would sell these jackets without us finding out. Create a new ebay account for every jacket or what?

Probably eBay, yeah. Either that or they'll fence them $30 a piece for some quick money to someone with enough time on their hands to individually list each jacket one by one. Good money in the long run, I guess but nobody else is ever going to hock the whole bunch. Not for what it's worth, anyway.

Leither

One of the Regulars
Really rotten news. Was there a week ago and it's such a brilliant and creative place. Denny, Holly and the team made us feel so welcome. Each Aero jacket is so distinctive and identifiable that the villains are bound to be caught soon. Eyes peeled. Best wishes to Aero. Nick

The only way to make money out of this is to sell the jackets and in such a small world of leather jacket aficionados I don't have a clue about how are they going to do it. I mean, everyone knows Aero and news will spread. Anyone having a suspicious amount of leather jackets for sale or too many popping up for sale will bring attention. What worries me a lot too is the vintage leather jackets that can't be replaced. I certainly hope they didn't steal any patterns, not again.

Also most of the jackets will be brand new. You can't just start selling Aero jackets in mint condition without raising suspicions.

Agreed but while I wanted to share a few more theories, it just occurred to me that maybe it'd be best if we... Well, didn't give the crooks, who must've already done their research online, any more free tips and hints on what to do and what NOT to do to safely fence the stolen jackets.

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Wow, this is terrible! My jacket was with Aero for repair and lining change... really love my jacket and hope it wasnt in the loot.. really panicked about this now :(

robrinay

One Too Many
Wow, this is terrible! My jacket was with Aero for repair and lining change... really love my jacket and hope it wasnt in the loot.. really panicked about this now :(
One of mine too but I'm sure if there were any customers jackets in the hoard, Aero will let us know when they've had time to stock check.
I'm pretty sure it'd be bad style to start bombarding them with emails asking whether ours were nicked.

Last edited:
Man this is just positively disgusting!! Had to be highly organized group. That's potentially 1000lbs worth of leather. I'm with Butte. Time for security cameras and maybe one or two of these bad boys:
9e4dd4aea6424834d1aa860952ff2e32.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
A haul like that presumably has a specific buyer(s) who is aware of the worth of the items and/or can redistribute them fairly quickly. Hopefully the authorities can nab them.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its always heart breaking to hear of scum that don't have the fortitude to make an honest living, have to steal from those that do work hard.

You really do have to question their intelligence though....how are you going to move 110 Aero jackets quickly enough and at a decent price without drawing attention to make the risk worth it?

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
For most hobbyists protection by obscurity is probably ok. For Aero maybe a safe would be a good idea in the future? You figure a basic Aero is $1k... limited editions much more.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For most hobbyists protection by obscurity is probably ok. For Aero maybe a safe would be a good idea in the future? You figure a basic Aero is $1k... limited editions much more.

Thats a damn big safe to fit 110 jackets into it!!

Maybe these guys could help?

download.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
Terrible news.I've sometimes pondered the feasibility of having my jackets micro-chipped.I suppose if thieves knew they were 'tagged' they would be able to remove them but this would still leave a trace......

Some of my more expensive ones are treated with "smart water" ( it was free from our local police) .... I use it on my bikes, laptops, guitars and there's more than enough for jackets ... takes a tiny amount ( a small dab from a Q-tip in an inconspicuous place) ... unknown to anyone but me ( even when items are resold I don't even mention it) it's almost undetectable unless you have a reader ..... but if I need it , it's there, and the code is unique to me :)

Hopefully the cops do their due diligence in finding the perps. My truck was stolen in March right out from my back drive. I had video surveillance footage of the two turds who did it. I couldn't pay the CPD to send me an email address to forward the footage and have a cop look at it. I was in a frothy rage for about two months over it. Feeling violated and ignored.
I really hope justice is served for Aero here. This is the last thing anyone needs but this maker in particular deserves a break in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR