Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase by Unlucky

Deckburner

New in Town
Unlucky (Scott Willis) made me this briefcase. He was fantastic to work with. I think we exchanged about 25 emails back and forth on the design. The bag is Wicket and Craig veg-tanned cowhide (5/6 oz). The interior pockets are front quarter horse. The straps are veg-tanned horse-butt. The lining on the flap is veg-tanned pigskin.

He oiled, conditioned and waxed the bag down before he sent it to me. I put the bag in the sun for a couple of hours and you can see how it turned the color (photo with front flap open) of the bag from the photos. Hopefully, you can see some of the character/grain/patina in the leather. It fills the room with that leather aroma, and looks amazing.

Scott was great to deal with through the whole matter. It took some time (January first email inquiry - to April delivery), but for a bag that hopefully lasts a long time, that's OK with me, as I enjoyed the process of learning about leather...and knowing what I was getting from Scott each step of the way. Plus I knew he had a belt order of 70 belts (the Joe Hill - check styleforums to see that belt) that he was working to complete during this time frame. He was such a great guy about the time frame that he insisted on throwing in the two belts that I had also ordered, for free! (and two tins of his own conditioner) The belts are incredible too! I am very pleased with Scott and his work and have already inquired about a wallet next.

If you're thinking about getting something from Scott, I would highly recommend going for it. He was patient and polite with all of my "rookie-questions" about leather, with getting me information on the leather, what he could and could not do, the potential designs, etc.

front-close.jpg

Closeup.jpg

originalcolor.jpg

Side-closed.jpg

side-open.jpg

Back-angle.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member