Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bring me baggy trousers!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's been a decade of this forum, and STILL the slim fit trend of low waisted pants reigns!

A sad fact mutually bemoaned on this side of the Pacific too Matt. It's funny to watch 40 year old men getting around in skinny little pants they look like they stole from the Beatles circa 1964. It suits a few young guys here and there . . . but most men look awkward.

These fads keep my tailor in business.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
At least the trouser rises are...well rising again, if Tumblr is any indication. I love 20's style slim legged trousers, but the low rises are the worst, especially when paired with vests.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
A sad fact mutually bemoaned on this side of the Pacific too Matt. It's funny to watch 40 year old men getting around in skinny little pants they look like they stole from the Beatles circa 1964. It suits a few young guys here and there . . . but most men look awkward.

These fads keep my tailor in business.

Yep, recently my workplace hired a bunch of upper management drones that are all trendy yuppies that look like they should be selling carbon fiber bikes in the Sonoma valley. Its rather scary to see rotund middle age men in too tight slim fit shirts combined with stovepipe, low rise, flat front trousers... when they stretch in meetings you start praying, "Please clothing hold together, don't burst, I don't want to see what's inside!!!"

Edward

Bartender
I sometimes wonder do they remain in vogue among middle-aged men as they can wear a low waist under the stomach and so convince themselves they are a size or two smaller???

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's been a decade of this forum, and STILL the slim fit trend of low waisted pants reigns!

I need some good off the rack BAGGY TROUSERS with a 13 inch rise and a zipper of enormous length.

The only baggies that I have seen was a couple of years ago, in a store in London's Oxford Street. They were more flares than baggies. Died a death, Thank goodness for Rocacha.
Incidently, I am just about to order a new made to measure suit from him, you can see his handywork on the link. The last suit he made for me is second row, last photo on the right.

Benny Holiday

Yep, recently my workplace hired a bunch of upper management drones that are all trendy yuppies that look like they should be selling carbon fiber bikes in the Sonoma valley. Its rather scary to see rotund middle age men in too tight slim fit shirts combined with stovepipe, low rise, flat front trousers... when they stretch in meetings you start praying, "Please clothing hold together, don't burst, I don't want to see what's inside!!!"

lol Be afraid, be very afraid . . .

Flat Foot Floey

The fabric looks like dickies (ho hum) but the cut seems better. I can't see if they are high waisted because people wearing them on pictures never seem to tuck in their shirts but I might try a pair anyway. Everything is better than slim fit, low waist.

Edward

Bartender
The fabric looks like dickies (ho hum) but the cut seems better. I can't see if they are high waisted because people wearing them on pictures never seem to tuck in their shirts but I might try a pair anyway. Everything is better than slim fit, low waist.

Mn, I've seen some Dickies that were great and some that were like surgical scrubs. The untucked shirts are frustrating, aren't they? It never fails to amaze me how so many people selling clothes can be so blind to the idea of showing their wares off to the full detail. I guess most people just don't care like we do. :(

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Following up on the Ben Davis questions here, the rise in my 38 waist pr is 12 1/2". They are a poly/cotton blend and look decent.

I also have some nice full cut Italian made dress wool trousers made by Pallesco. The rise in these are more like 14-15" and the quality is great. I found mine on Ebay where they are listed regularly.

Edward

Bartender
15" is my ideal in front, rear an inch to inch and a half higher.... ahh.... 12.5" might just work, though... Poly cotton can wash really well and, dried right, doesn't need pressing. Handy for day to day casual trousers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner