Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bring me baggy trousers!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's more wet than cold, still, Santa got through despite the weather. As yet it's not even a work in progress, but the faux camouflage fabric will become a shirt, whilst the khaki fabric are set to become a new pair of baggies.
Christmas 2021 004.JPG Christmas 2021 005.JPG Christmas 2021 008.JPG

As for which shoes, I'm spoilt for choice, both the Oxfords and the Spectators will fit the bill.
SHOE-GREEN_TWEED.jpg shoes 25.jpg

All I need now is just the right hat, and I might have found it, or at least, fellow Lounger has found it.
Steur.jpg
Borsalino Amiata (thanks @PanosChris ) I might just have a word.

visiguru

New in Town
I basically don't accept a low waist, even on young men. The maximum is pants with a medium waist. I've never understood narrow pants. They look cheesy and undignified.

A high waist and wide trousers are perfect for men with large shapes. Any kind of pant shape suits athletes at all. Including pants from atlas1.co, although, of course, this brand has nothing to do with classics.

In general, loose pants are very popular with progressive youth right now. They really combine it in their own way, but my eyes rejoice when I see young people wearing these pants.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I basically don't accept a low waist, even on young men. The maximum is pants with a medium waist.
Quite so, but I do believe in, freedom of choice. However tight fitting low rise trousers always seem to show off the wedding tackle and that does gross me out.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
pauline & jim's wedding 005.JPG
The shade of green of the suit, that Tina made for herself, has always been on my wish list.

khaki trousers green fedora 018.JPG khaki trousers green fedora 017.JPG
She made these fabulous baggies in khaki, I do so love them. But today a package was left in her work cabin and a note on my desk to go and take a peek.
fabric for trousers 004.JPG
My next pair of baggies. The electric blue fabric will also become a new pair baggies, as will the pin stripe fabric.
fabric for trousers 007.JPG fabric for trousers 006.JPG
A new blazer is in the pipeline, how I get impatient waiting for made to measure. The blazer is of a green hue, hence the green fabric that Tina bought.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Blue trousers, a work in progress 005.JPG

This will become my new electric blue trousers. You have to have fittings with bespoke and this is the third fitting. The waistband is all but finished all the lining and stiffeners are fitted the pockets and fly zipper, all done. The fitting is to check on size, mark the braces, or suspenders if you prefer, button position and if you can see the hem of the right leg, that's left as you look at it, the hem height has been pinned into place, along with the two inch turned up cuff. No need to do the other leg, Tina will simply copy the first one.
The new blazer I posted elsewhere, how remiss of me.
Green Blazer 015.JPG

The blazer will get it's first airing at Twinwood https://twinwoodevents.com/line-up/ in a few days time.
Dandy 001.JPG
But I had to try it on when it arrived.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I bought these. They are from a contemporary maker (G Star). I don't like the brand but I thought they looked cool. The cut reminds me a bit of my seafarer jeans.
View attachment 471224

I gotta say, those are quite similar to the orSlow M-52 trousers I bought recently. Mine are not quite as wide but still decently wide and high waisted, just how I like it. Really like these pants, and I reckon you'll like the G-Star as well, they're a great style.

0000118682000.jpg

New2vintage24

New in Town
As a narrow waisted fella finding a baggier cut of pants is very difficult. My interest peaked when I bought a classic fit pair of haggar slacks for a 1950s musical production I was in years ago when the slim fit trend was just starting. Been exclusively baggy slacks ever since.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
As a narrow waisted fella finding a baggier cut of pants is very difficult. My interest peaked when I bought a classic fit pair of haggar slacks for a 1950s musical production I was in years ago when the slim fit trend was just starting. Been exclusively baggy slacks ever since.
baggies 001.JPG baggies 002.JPG
The flash on my phone is pathetic, theses are a gun metal grey and the hem is twenty-two inches wide.
My lady is such a talent, how lucky am I?

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
^ Very well done. I much prefer a roomier 'blouse' front, pleated, not a kid's narrow waist 'gunslinger' holster look.

Like your foot wear. Italian calf? The wing tip shoes are definite punctuation, the period after sentence.
With blazer, trou, shoes, and fedora. Nailed.
?With the pants, suspenders or belt? I tend to belt but leaning toward suspenders.
That blazer absolutely.!!!!

Edward

Bartender
I've noticed both ASOS and Zara doing wider leg, higher waist trousers this season. Manmade fabrics (though cheap) so I don't know if they'd hang right. (Years ago, I had a pair of bags from HeyDay. Nicely made in the UK, but the fabric was a poly blend that was really too light and they never quit hung right one me, looked more like culottes than bags.) Nonetheless, the fact that this cut is coming back round in such mainstream places is surely a good thing....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You like the pleated look? You are going to love these. The lady finished making them last night, they need pressing but you can still see all the pleats around the waistband. Tina made them to compliment a blazer.
View attachment 530264 View attachment 530265 View attachment 530266
More shirts 001.JPG

Much more clear in the sunlight. The off white trousers that Tina made were damaged at the dry cleaners, they had some sort of indelible mark that looked like a faded tattoo, the lady has kindly made me a new pair.

Trousers (replacement) 001.JPG Trousers (replacement) 005.JPG Trousers (replacement) 006.JPG
You can see from the second photo that they are fully lined, what they now need is pressing professionally, but after the damage of the original pair, it's hard to trust a dry cleaner.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As stylish as ever GHT. May I ask how wide they are at the knee? Call me a barbarian, but I can envision them being tapered right in at the ankles to make zoot suit 'drape' pants as well!

Good luck with the dry cleaner search. Once bitten, very much twice shy. I'm in the same boat with my tailor, who retired two years ago. He's now 80, so I certainly don't begrudge him hanging up his needle and thread, but it took me many years to guide him in the finer points of crafting zoot suits, beltback sportscoats and wide-legged trousers! I don't look forward to starting that journey all over again with another tailor.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
As stylish as ever GHT. May I ask how wide they are at the knee? Call me a barbarian, but I can envision them being tapered right in at the ankles to make zoot suit 'drape' pants as well!
Such kind remarks Benny, thank you. The trousers do taper slightly, but only from the buttock to the knee, at which point they are eleven inches across, or twenty-two inches in the complete circumference. That measurement is the same at the turned up ankle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner