Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bringing out the Big Guns: 1935 Bi-swing Pleated Belted Back Hollywood Sportscoat

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Opening bid: $375
Auction here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200631206869#ht_766wt_1141

281359_2252295833911_1443727967_32619919_2841648_n.jpg

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
Unbelievable! I've been very impressed with your ebay vintage lately. I'm a size 42 also, and share the difficulty in getting good jackets. Best to you.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Believe me, you don't know how disappointed I was when I discovered I was not only too small, but also too short for this jacket.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
On the contrary, I don't think it looks bad on you at all.

If it were a Bold Look jacket from the late 40s or early 50s, I wouldn't mind. But I prefer my depression era stuff quite fitted. Also, on my body, the rear belt sits quite low; ideally it should rest a few inches higher. Of course on someone else, it will look spot on like the blue jacket here:
n1443727967_30151368_1794.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
This jacket is still available here on the Fedora Lounge for the price of $375 plus shipping until January 1st. You know that if Ardis or Snappy Gabs had this jacket they would charge $600-$700, if not more. After the 1st, this jacket will join all the other rare & collectible clothing that does not fit me.

...and yes, I will consider trades for something of comparable value from now until perpetuity.

Item description below:
Immaculate NRA tagged belted back sportscoat; the pinnacle of 1930s Hollywood style for the jet set! Details below.

=Details=

Heavy Chunky Tweed brown houndstooth fabric.
Single breasted with wide lapels
Three button closure, looks best with a two button roll
Three patch pockets
Skeleton lined
Wide padded shoulders
ventless
Rear half belt with pleats
Bi-swing back
National Recovery Act Tags: item guaranteed to be produced between 1933 and 1935
Label reads: "Phelps Terkel's Own Make"

=Measurements=
Chest: 23.5 inches (pit to pit across the front)
Shoulders: 19 inches
Waist: 21 inches
Total Length: 32 inches
Sleeve: 24 inches

=Condition=

This garment is in excellent vintage condition.

=A note about this jacket=

I am parting with this item because it is too big for me. I got it on ebay a few months back as it was advertised as a size 42, but it measures out to be more like a 44. Face it, if this jacket is your size, chances are it will be YEARS until you see another beltedback '30s jacket in your size, let alone one in such amazing condition. I have been collecting vintage clothing for 15 years and have encountered only 4 belt back jackets that have fit me somewhat decently. This auction is probably your only chance to obtain a '30s beltback in your size.

Be sure to check my other auctions for more genuine vintage and accurately reproduced vintage clothing.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I am probably too late, but I'd be VERY interested in that jacket if you need a back up buyer. I was a little slow on the draw today since I was tied down with work... PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails