Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry colour codes for their trench coats?

one2rock

New in Town
I've been looking at couple of vintage Burberry trench coats online, but looking at the pictures I find it difficult to ascertain the colour.

Descriptions often list the coats inadequately as beige, green or brown covering all the subtle nuances, but does anyone know the (old) Burberry colour codes for their trench coats?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
One would have to have a bunch of old catalogues sitting around to have that information and I'm not even sure the tags on the coats which you might see on eBay would even list the codes. My sister had, but threw out, a Burberry winter catalogue which contained the classic Trench 21 model and a few others, and I've never forgiven her. Anyway, I have a Burberry spring/summer catalogue from 1994 which has photos of colours/clothes with codes, which I summarize below, along with my comments in ( ).

Prestwood Single Breasted Classic Coat (i.e. single-breasted raincoat)
Prices: blended fabric ₤360 cotton fabric ₤440

Trench 17 Trenchcoat (i.e. classic double-breasted trenchcoat with all the trimmings except the flapped pockets; this model is no longer available but seemed to be their main trenchcoat for 10 to 15 years, from what I can deduce)
Prices: blended fabric ₤500 cotton fabric ₤575

Fabrics:
TG3 cotton/polyester (navy blue)
TG5 cotton/polyester (tan... this is the classic trenchcoat tan colour which is pretty much universal, not just Burberry)
TG57 cotton/polyester (light tan)
DK45 100% cotton (medium grey or light olive... hard to figure out which it is in the catalogue)
DK57 100% cotton (very light tan, more or less a 'stone' colour)

Now if you're looking for pantone codes, or something like that, then I can put you in touch with a man who is selling a bridge...

Last edited:

one2rock

New in Town
Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

It is a little unfortunate that Burberry didn't put a recognizable colour code on a label.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo