Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Trenchcoat for sale - 46" Long (US size)

Peter_E

Familiar Face
I'm offering a very good, top-of-the-line, Burberry, traditional trenchcoat for sale.
Shell is 100% cotton.
Liner is 100% camel-hair.
It's got the storm flaps on the pockets, the storm buckle fastening at the collar, and the storm flap (some call it a gun flap) on the RH side.
It has Raglan sleeves.
The color is khaki with a bit of a greenish tint, almost a light drab-olive; very military looking.
The cotton lining is the Burberry check. The button-in camel-hair liner is camel-tan color.
No rips. tears or flaws that I am aware of.
I just picked it up from the dry-cleaners today, so it's got no smells or soiling.

Look at the photos:

DSC06719.jpg

DSC06720.jpg

The coat is a 54-long (European sizing). I wear a 44 or 46 and it fits me well, except for the sleeve length, which is why I am selling it. I'm 6' 5" so you can judge the fit for length.

Measurements are:
Sleeve length (center back to cuff) = 35"
Sleeve length (shoulder epaulet to cuff) = 26"
Sleeve length (inner arm pit to cuff) = 20"
Across chest (arm pit to arm pit) = 25"
Length (base of collar to hem ) = 49"

Here's the backgound on the coat. I recently bought it off ebay. The seller said it was her fathers. He bought it in England and "paid through the nose" for it, which is believable for a cotton shell and camelhair liner, then hardly wore it; she said he only wore it 3 or 4 times. I desperately wanted it to fit, but the sleeves are just too short for me and there is not enough to let down. Besides, that would butcher this fine coat.

I would just like to recoup what I've paid and the cleaning cost. So, I'm asking $220. Whaddya think?

I'd be glad to answer any questions and to listen to reasonable offers. It will be back on ebay if no one on FL is interested.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic