Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burnt fingers & Hot Sticks

Blondie

Practically Family
Maybe i'm missing something, but as hard as i try i always seem to burn my fingers with Hot Sticks. Is there a trick to using these ???
The only good thing is that i have learnt to set my hair very very quickly ;)
so as to minimize contact time between fingers and curlers.
Any suggestions ?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
hee hee, I have the same problem...my thumb and forefinger have no sensation after rolling with hot sticks. The only thing that can happen is you get used to it and get faster. The same used to happen when I first started using hot rollers, the older ones that used to get outragously hot, burnt fingers bad!!! But then I was able to roll my hair in less than five minutes.

The pain we go through for beautiful hair!lol

BonnieJean

Practically Family
If your hair takes a curl easy, don't let the sticks get too hot to start with. I usually plug mine in when I start to put on my make-up. (I rarely let the sticks heat hot enough for the "ready dot" to come on.) Also, the hot part on the stick is right in the middle, so try to avoid holding it there. Sometimes if they're too hot, I'll wave the stick a few times in the air to slightly cool them. And, as Red said, you learn to be quick with them! ;)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
TaxMan1 said:
I thought this was a cigar thread!:confused: Nevermind!

hehe, take a look at what forum the thread is in, first :) There are threads that sound like something I would be interested in, then I see they are in the "hats" forum, and know I won't have a clue lol ;)

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Since another guy spoke up in here, do you think those Ove Gloves would work? Those curlers get really hot, as I found out when I meddled with my roommate's set! I felt like Rikki Tikki Tavi and the cigar. Ouch! Ok, I'm done.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
hee hee, the gloves are a good idea, both of them! But Ove Gloves are much to thick for playing with your hair and the daintiness of the sticks. Although, I have seen some relatively new heat resistent gloves made for womens dainty hands that could work well. And a cotton glove should definitely provide some protection!!! Maybe a pair that was stained or ruined couldbecome your set of hair gloves! ;)

V

Violeta

When I go to the beauty supply store, I've always seen these type of finger gloves just for the thumb and 1st finger, they're made to stand the heat, maybe that might help, although its looks like it might be tricky while rolling...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy