Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burtons Dinner Suit. 1930s?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
burtonsdinnersuit.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-MENS...=UK_Men_s_Suits_Tailoring&hash=item3cc770ff74

Ben Stephens

One of the Regulars
Baron, i just had a look at my Burtons suits; 2 CC41s have the earlier label and 1 early 50s one has it. [huh]

HE does say on the blog that there is an overlap, it is probably safer to say that if you have the latter label it is post 36, where as if you have the earlier label, it is not that indicative.

Kindest regards

Ben

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't like the tiny lapels. Cloth covered buttons on a suit like this also seems unusual to me. The cuff detail on the sleeves is interesting.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No problem, Ben. At least I didn't make a total fool of myself and told this was the best 30s suit I had ever seen. The features I noted on my last reply are interesting regardless of age. (Sans the tiny lapels that are just plain silly)

I haven't checked my jackets/suits. They're quite far away right now. I also don't know the veracity of the information in the blog I quoted/linked. However, it is safe to say that old labels would be used after the date that new ones were introduced. Also possible that very old stock was circulated into the shops well after it was made? As with all these dating techniques, the new label is the important one. If it has that label, it can't be before 1936, for example … assuming that information is accurate.

Baron, i just had a look at my Burtons suits; 2 CC41s have the earlier label and 1 early 50s one has it. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot