Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cad lifestyle vindicated..."it's in my genes darl"

Foofoogal

Banned
HTML:
every cad is just waiting for the right woman to make him a dad?

The minute I saw Warren Beatty with Annette Bening I knew he didn't stand a chance. lol
http://www.nndb.com/people/585/000025510/
http://www.nndb.com/people/719/000022653/

"I've always been antagonized by the Freudian Victorian assumption that a hyperactive life with women was necessarily a manifestation of misogynistic feelings or latent homosexuality."

Wow, don't you love the quote on his. Interesting huh. He had a bevy as one can see.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
HTML:
every cad is just waiting for the right woman to make him a dad?

The minute I saw Warren Beatty with Annette Bening I knew he didn't stand a chance. lol
"I've always been antagonized by the Freudian Victorian assumption that a hyperactive life with women was necessarily a manifestation of misogynistic feelings or latent homosexuality."

Wow, don't you love the quote on his. Interesting huh. He had a bevy as one can see.

Maybe she just wasn't RIGHT ...
As for the quote, it sounds suspiciously "closed system" to me ...

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Doran said:
According to Ervin Goffman's superb American treatise The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life, who people "really" are is variable ... there is no inner core and no lying persona. I have personally changed (somewhat) so I believe that people do change if the stimulus is sufficient, or if they really have decided that they want to change.

That is a very interesting thought. I guess "personality" is the same as shyness (or other quirks)--like how you can be shy around some people and not others. Some people provoke certain emotions, so they see a different person.

I don't know if I've changed over the years, or if I'm the same but more mature. I find the younger me rather cringeworthy. [huh]

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Brill said:
That is a very interesting thought. I guess "personality" is the same as shyness (or other quirks)--like how you can be shy around some people and not others. Some people provoke certain emotions, so they see a different person.

I don't know if I've changed over the years, or if I'm the same but more mature. I find the younger me rather cringeworthy. [huh]

Is your avatar Joey Dallesandro from the Warhol pics? Or Christian Bale, the guy from American Psycho and Batman Begins? Or someone else?

Dagwood

Practically Family
My 2 cents...

Being with a cad (either male or female) is an escape/avoidance of reality; that is, escaping/avoiding all the responsibilities and burdens of a permanent relationship. Kind of like being on vacation.

This is not necessarily a bad thing if one does not expect much from the cad. However, it seems to all have an "endless summer" feel which many people (but not all) grow out of as they get older.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Dormouse said:
I think cads are overrated; I was married to one for a while, and behind all the wit and self-promotion was just a rather insecure, sad little man who deserted me at the moment I needed him most.

Been there (though not married, obviously!), and now looking for my own Walrus. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael