Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cafe racer length

Roma

A-List Customer
uploadfromtaptalk1442995703790.jpg
Hi everybody, again to the topic;-)
Just yesterday I read a lot of opinions and talked to a lot of short jackets owners and it's clear that the length is a very personal thing. But I wanted to ask your opinion. I noticed yesterday that when I ordered my Cafe racer from Aero I requested 27" back length but they made it 26". I didn't know about that and was happy with the jacket.
What do you think, should I send it back and have it re-made with 27" back length?

Отправлено с моего SM-G928F через Tapatalk

I think you should be happy with the length, looks perfect. As does the rest of the jacket.

Perfect length and the jacket looks beyond great - I've said it before, but this truly is Aero's best fitting jacket - but whether Roma should be happy with not getting what he paid for is another matter.

Roma

A-List Customer
Perfect length and the jacket looks beyond great - I've said it before, but this truly is Aero's best fitting jacket - but whether Roma should be happy with not getting what he paid for is another matter.
Thanks but sometimes mistakes are made to the good. As Carlos commented in a different thread, longer length could put the jacket in a different league, mid-length. And thank yoh again for your opinion.

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 35796
Hi everybody, again to the topic;-)
Just yesterday I read a lot of opinions and talked to a lot of short jackets owners and it's clear that the length is a very personal thing. But I wanted to ask your opinion. I noticed yesterday that when I ordered my Cafe racer from Aero I requested 27" back length but they made it 26". I didn't know about that and was happy with the jacket.
What do you think, should I send it back and have it re-made with 27" back length?

If you wered perfectly happy with wearing the jacket and how it fitted / felt before you took out the measuring tape, forget the figures and wear it. Like the B3 in your other thread, this one looks good. It's all too easy to obsess over specifications (and understandable, given the amount of money we typically lay ouyt on jackets like this), but in the end it's how it looks and feels that matters, nothing else.

Roma

A-List Customer
If you wered perfectly happy with wearing the jacket and how it fitted / felt before you took out the measuring tape, forget the figures and wear it. Like the B3 in your other thread, this one looks good. It's all too easy to obsess over specifications (and understandable, given the amount of money we typically lay ouyt on jackets like this), but in the end it's how it looks and feels that matters, nothing else.
Yes Edward, fully agree. Thanks for your opinion and advice.

While I wholeheartedly agree with Edward's post, Carlos was perfectly happy with his J-100, yet a several hundred pages of everyone taking the mickey at DD ensued.

Roma

A-List Customer
While I wholeheartedly agree with Edward's post, Carlos was perfectly happy with his J-100, yet a several hundred pages of everyone taking the mickey at DD ensued.
After which Carlos became a great fan of short lengths:) Where could I see the pic?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Trim fitting jackets like cafe racers can be tricky lengthwise. If you get too far down into your rear end/hips area, you need to have a bit of flair to accommodate the size of your booty. In other words, if you're lucky enough to have a V-shape, it will probably start V-ing out the other way once you get down past your waist. Having the zipper start a few inches up from the bottom of the jacket helps quite a bit.

Your jacket looks great.

Roma

A-List Customer
Trim fitting jackets like cafe racers can be tricky lengthwise. If you get too far down into your rear end/hips area, you need to have a bit of flair to accommodate the size of your booty. In other words, if you're lucky enough to have a V-shape, it will probably start V-ing out the other way once you get down past your waist. Having the zipper start a few inches up from the bottom of the jacket helps quite a bit.

Your jacket looks great.
Hey Grayland, I'm rather V-shaped if it means an athletic look:)
Thanks!

Roma

A-List Customer
How could you look at that picture and not think it is absolutely perfect? Aero did you a favour as I don't think 27" would have looked as good!

don't over think it, the jacket couldn't look any better.
Thank you, I've come to thinking that way already

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

It took me a good few weeks of wearing the jacket to get over my unhappiness...
I am still not happy about the fact that the jacket came out 1" longer than asked, as it rubs on my wallet and is damaging the lining pretty fast.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW