Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal w/Collar

dannyk

One Too Many
Unbelievable this is still here. Had this been my size it would’ve been gone in a minute. Great looking jacket for an awesome price!
Not to toot my own horn as the saying goes, but I totally agree haha. If it fit me just a little bit better. If I were not saving for a wedding. If I were single and had all the free space to stockpile jackets and boots like I once was, I wouldn’t dream of moving this on. It’s a rare Cal straight zip, in fantastic condition with a super rare colored *collar* edited for typo here. It should have been sold in a day. I’m just a stupid size and this is even just slightly more stupid than I even normally am haha. But being a 34 year old adult stuck in a high school freshman or sophomore size body; I find it really
Hard to find and sell stuff. Having said that just so people know I am ok with trades as well. Part of the saving for a wedding and part of the not wanting to get in trouble for taking up all the closet space does mean my fiancé is ok with the 1 in, 1 out rule. We compromised. So if someone has anything in the 350-450 dollar range I am open to checking that out, or using that monetary value as a piece in a larger trade. I also guarantee no bs trying to hype my jacket as others have said it’s pretty cool and should have sold already; if it were just slightly different sizing-if I listed this on eBay for sure, and probably even Grailed it would have been gone in the first week or two. I just don’t like all the fees associated with them, we also have more freedom to work out shipping or opening it up more easily to trades here. Plus selling it here means I know it will go to a good home. It may not live up to someone’s mental projections or not fit how they expected and be sold again right after receiving; but here for legit reasons. I know selling here it will go to a good home and not just be flipped for more money. So thanks for the support and help me sell this or trade if TFL family!

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
Alright someone make me an offer or a trade. I got two pairs of boots and a jacket I’m dying to grab but told the fiancé nothing big or expensive until this and my Parkhurst boots move. Help me get there.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Buy me please. Or make an offer/trade. Definitely open to trades, deals, offers.
LOL, I think you're stuck with this and not saying that in a bad way. I think CHPs are only interesting to certain people, and most of those people already have one. There's nothing wrong with your price, in fact it's a steal, but might take you a while to find someone who wants one of these. The collar alone is worth $125+. And just having spent about $150 tuning mine up with loose stitch repair and liner patches and a male side zipper fix, having one this clean is also worth at least $400. But you and I can toot each other's horns all day long. The price of something is what someone else is willing to pay for it, end of story. Just start wearing it and hopefully some fresh blood will come into the forum soon and be on the look out for one.

dannyk

One Too Many
LOL, I think you're stuck with this and not saying that in a bad way. I think CHPs are only interesting to certain people, and most of those people already have one. There's nothing wrong with your price, in fact it's a steal, but might take you a while to find someone who wants one of these. The collar alone is worth $125+. And just having spent about $150 tuning mine up with loose stitch repair and liner patches and a male side zipper fix, having one this clean is also worth at least $400. But you and I can toot each other's horns all day long. The price of something is what someone else is willing to pay for it, end of story. Just start wearing it and hopefully some fresh blood will come into the forum soon and be on the look out for one.
The price is very fair. And if I listed it on eBay probably have sold it long ago. More than any thing it’s the size. I just hate eBay haha. Not many 5’7 and 130lb guys here. The collar as you said and the straight zip verse cross-zip make it a standout piece. I suppose I could do Etsy. Some people have luck there. I’ve actually never done Etsy though. I mean I’ve bought off Etsy but never sold that is. We need more adult men with good incomes stuck in high school kid bodies around here I tell ya haha.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
This will probably fit me okay but it will be too much on the upper torso (it will also be expensive to get it altered plus a shame to do so) but I think these proportions will look great on @TG3 he has broader chest/shoulder and taller than I am

TG3

One of the Regulars
This will probably fit me okay but it will be too much on the upper torso (it will also be expensive to get it altered plus a shame to do so) but I think these proportions will look great on @TG3 he has broader chest/shoulder and taller than I am

How kind of you. You're just trying to make me spend more money. I did just order a black leather jacket with a fur collar so I think I need to pass for my wallets sake. It is a kickass jacket for sure. I dont think it would fit me in the waist. 18.5 is about as tight as I can go.

dannyk

One Too Many
How kind of you. You're just trying to make me spend more money. I did just order a black leather jacket with a fur collar so I think I need to pass for my wallets sake. It is a kickass jacket for sure. I dont think it would fit me in the waist. 18.5 is about as tight as I can go.
You change your mind.....I’ll hook you up and work out shipping.. ha. Actually if you or @Jin431 have anything you’re considering moving on; perhaps a trade is in order?

dannyk

One Too Many
Ladies and gentlemen this bad boy has finally been sold. Sold to a TFL member as I really wanted. No evilbay. Hopefully it fits the buyer and this finally gets worn and the love it’s uniqueness gets to shine. If not expect to see it listed here again haha.

Ladies and gentlemen this bad boy has finally been sold. Sold to a TFL member as I really wanted. No evilbay. Hopefully it fits the buyer and this finally gets worn and the love it’s uniqueness gets to shine. If not expect to see it listed here again haha.

Patience paid off bud. Good. Awesome jacket.

dannyk

One Too Many
Patience paid off bud. Good. Awesome jacket.
It really is. It’s standard Cal quality in terms of materials and construction. So it’s good stuff but nothing “special.” But the design and collar really do make it special. I’ve yet to see anything that is exactly like this. Some close ones but not this. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it fits the buyer in a manner they like. Would love to see it actually being worn.

It really is. It’s standard Cal quality in terms of materials and construction. So it’s good stuff but nothing “special.” But the design and collar really do make it special. I’ve yet to see anything that is exactly like this. Some close ones but not this. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it fits the buyer in a manner they like. Would love to see it actually being worn.

Ive started to dabble a bit more in older jackets. Just getting my pinkie toe wet but Cal imo is the LW in that market. Still my favorite leather.

dannyk

One Too Many
Ive started to dabble a bit more in older jackets. Just getting my pinkie toe wet but Cal imo is the LW in that market. Still my favorite leather.
Cals from the 50s through the 60s are just always good. They are just always reliable and cool. The leather on this one isn’t super thick as you find with some Cals but it’s still nice and thicker than most leathers from that era. But because this design is so different it makes up for anything else. I’m a true believer in Cal. I think their new stuff looks incredible and so nice. Only issue is it’s Japanese premium prices. We don’t see them around here. Someone with a fantastic job needs to grab one. When I win the lottery I’ll do it ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy