Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

Mav

A-List Customer
Chris Dillon said:
Very nice!
Berkeles? Hayward? Or are you a city dweller?

Anyone who says they're right next to Oakland is in San Leandro, I'm guessin'. Cool little town- lived there for a year. One of the best gunshops in the whole Bay Area (Traders) and ice cream place (corner of Victoria and Bancroft- I used to live on Victoria).

Mav said:
Anyone who says they're right next to Oakland is in San Leandro, I'm guessin'. Cool little town- lived there for a year. One of the best gunshops in the whole Bay Area (Traders) and ice cream place (corner of Victoria and Bancroft- I used to live on Victoria).

You used to live a few blocks away from me. :D Loards is still there. It used to be Duffy's.

Mav

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
You used to live a few blocks away from me. :D Loards is still there. It used to be Duffy's.

Loard's- that's it! I used to hit a Japanese place just down the road from there on Sat. and Sun. mornings for hangover food.

Mav said:
Loard's- that's it! I used to hit a Japanese place just down the road from there on Sat. and Sun. mornings for hangover food.

I don't know the Japanese place but long ago we used to have a Ming Tse (Chinese) downtown with the wooden booths and all. It has been gone for about thirty years though. [huh]
Duffy's Bubble Gum ice cream was the best---nothing like it anymore.

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Long-lost native returning to the fold

Hello all! I'm moving back to Cali next month. Born and raised San Diego, traveled and lived elsewhere for too long, and moving back to family in the Yosemite "foothills."

Looking forward to In 'n' Out the most at this point ;)

/|\

One of the Regulars
Born in Lakewood (Whew! That was close! I was almost born behind the Orange Curtain! :p ), raised in San Diego 92111 and Lancaster 93536, and lived the most time in L.A. 90034.

But I'm not there anymore. I've been in the PNW for seven years (except for a year in Torrance).

JavBanda

New in Town
You got that right about Carson, escaped without a single bullet hole. Huntington Beach is a great city, Ya couldn't pry me out with a crowbar but keep it under your hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael