Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

Welcome to Southern California! Pasadena is a fine city and there is lots to do.

If I can make a suggestion, in October the latest (13th) edition of "Access Los Angeles" will be coming out, see Amazon. It is a super guide book for Los Angeles and some of the surrounding area with good organization as well as suggestions.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I love Pasadena! I'm usually out there every other week to visit friends, plus they have the Norton Simon, which I still haven't gone to, but I hear great reviews (if you're into museums).

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Caltech then?

Anyhow, feel free to PM me if you need local advice...lived here all my life pretty much.....

FedoraGent can testify to the greatness of Pasadena.

Not Cal Tech, but I did move here for work and loving it so far. Thanks for all the offers to help everyone.

J.B.

Practically Family
Pssst, buddy! Wanna buy some earthquake fasteners cheap?! Sawbuck'll getcha three of 'em... Swell fer keepin' that pool-shooting-dogs tapestry from TJ tacked down solid!

kaosharper1 said:
Just moved to Pasadena from Massachusetts!

Say Hey, kaosharper1! Welcome to L.A. and congrats on your terrific sense of timing, too!

kaosharper1 said:
...I did move here for work and loving it so far...

"You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away...
We work our jobs.
Collect our pay.
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact -- we're slip slidin' away." ~ P.S.
emogrinyesfk7.gif

Oh yeah, and I've taken the liberty of assembling the boys for a little musical welcome to provide you with a fitting and proper Welcome To SoCal melody to memorialize (so to speak) your arrival... :D

kaosharper1

One Too Many
J.B. said:
Pssst, buddy! Wanna buy some earthquake fasteners cheap?! Sawbuck'll getcha three of 'em... Swell fer keepin' that pool-shooting-dogs tapestry from TJ tacked down solid!

Say Hey, kaosharper1! Welcome to L.A. and congrats on your terrific sense of timing, too!

"You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away...
We work our jobs.
Collect our pay.
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact -- we're slip slidin' away." ~ P.S.
emogrinyesfk7.gif

Oh yeah, and I've taken the liberty of assembling the boys for a little musical welcome to provide you with a fitting and proper Welcome To SoCal melody to memorialize (so to speak) your arrival... :D

Thanks for the song! I haven't heard that one in years and it is a great welcome to a new Angelino.

Long Beach! QM Event announced!

Just wanted to direct your eyes to the new sticky at the top of the EVENTS section.

The annual Queen Mary event has been announced. This is the big yearly get-together for the Loungers, on board the Queen Mary down in Long Beach California. Slated for November 21-23, 2008.

Go read the info and do your best to come! Plans are starting to shape up and it won't be a party unless you are there! Fellow Californians, don't forget, the more local you are, the less of an excuse to miss out!

See the sticky and post there ASAP to let them know your intentions!

Hope to see you there!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Widebrim here...

I'm a native Angeleno: born in Echo Park (see L.A. Confidential, and Mi Vida Loca), lived in Silver Lake a couple of years as an infant, reared in the suburb of Glendale, and have lived in the district of Glassell Park (NE L.A.) for the last 19 years. And I love L.A.!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
QMI

John in Covina said:
Just wanted to direct your eyes to the new sticky at the top of the EVENTS section.

The annual Queen Mary event has been announced. This is the big yearly get-together for the Loungers, on board the Queen Mary down in Long Beach California. Slated for November 21-23, 2008.

Go read the info and do your best to come! Plans are starting to shape up and it won't be a party unless you are there! Fellow Californians, don't forget, the more local you are, the less of an excuse to miss out!

See the sticky and post there ASAP to let them know your intentions!

Hope to see you there!

I do hope to make it John, just like last year. It is a great event for us Californios (well, all West-Coasters), and the more the merrier!

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace