Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Campdraft Order

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
FYI...I ordered a bluegrass green CD yesterday in a size 58 from Everything Australian and according to their website, virtually all Akubras have a 3 month wait so I was emotionally prepared. However, I received an email from them this morning to say it has been shipped! So apparently they do have at least some sizes and colors in stock. I'll post pics when received.:D

Spats McGee

One Too Many
That's great, redhawks2! I've been watching various vendors to see what prices are doing, because I've been wanting to order a CD myself. Well, I emailed Sam at EA just to see if he had a size 60 in Taupe Fawn. (I've gotten really good service from Sam in the past, and felt like I should at least give him the opportunity to make another sale.) Lo and behold, he emailed me and said he had a Taupe Fawn and a Bluegrass Green in size 60! So I pulled the trigger and ordered one in the Taupe Fawn.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
all this Akubra talk has me wanting one. I have a Stetson Saxon fedora in Caribou, medium grey color, so I am thinking maybe a brown would work as my second? Is this one you have to bash yourself?

memphislawyer said:
all this Akubra talk has me wanting one. I have a Stetson Saxon fedora in Caribou, medium grey color, so I am thinking maybe a brown would work as my second? Is this one you have to bash yourself?
Yes, it comes open crown but with either a good wetting or steaming, it is easy to crease. The Mid-Brown is a darker color with an olive tint to it in sunlight.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
memphislawyer said:
Yes, you'd have to bash it yourself, but that sounds like a golden opportunity to head up to Covington for a quick consult with Major Moore! (Also pronounced "good excuse to go see his hats.")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot