Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone please recommend further reference books ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand By

One Too Many
Good day all,

Just coming from another thread that's straying slightly off-topic but it's raised a great point about something I've wanted to ask for a while ...

I have the Art Of The Flying Jacket book by Jon Maguire and it's been indispensable to me and worth every cent. It's shown me so much about A2's and the patches and jacket art of the various theatres of war and has served as great inspiration for how I'd like my jackets to look.

So if I like that book (and I adore it) - can anyone please recommend another like it ?

Thank you!
Stand By

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I want the Gary Eastman one. I had hoped the books I had would go into more detail about the various contracts. Why?
So I could quiz myself!

majormajor

One Too Many
If the original Nose Art on US aircraft (which, in general, inspired the jacket art) is of interest, then "Vintage Nose Art" by Gary M Valant is worth a look. 100's of pics of Nose Art, along with aircraft and unit details, plus quite a bit of jacket art.

When I bought mine back in the 80's, it was a hardback (these are now collectable), but it is now available as a softback:D;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vintage-Air...104&sr=1-1&keywords=vintage+aircraft+nose+art

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many

andyfalzon

Vendor
The legality is not questionable.
It is 100% wrong posting it,
but we consider this is sharing among friends, a small number of friends. This is not the same as putting it in public sharing engines etc.

As mentioned, also delete after use and if you like the book buy the original.
A book in the library is accessible by anyone to read, that is OK, but if one wants to keep it should buy it.
We just make it available for your review and it will not stay there forever, it will disappear soon.

majormajor

One Too Many
. This is not the same as putting it in public sharing engines etc.

As this site has over 28,000 members, and is accessed by possibly ten times that number, I would say that it IS exactly the same as putting it on public sharing engines. It would be naïve to think otherwise.

In fact, your link has probably already been copied to those very sharing engines[huh]

andyfalzon

Vendor
As this site has over 28,000 members, and is accessed by possibly ten times that number, I would say that it IS exactly the same as putting it on public sharing engines. It would be naïve to think otherwise.

In fact, your link has probably already been copied to those very sharing engines[huh]

First of all, I don't think all the 28,000 members are reading this thread, second, the search engines need some time to locate this, and they will locate it if people will start looking for it, using it's exact name. The website is more or less private and has very few visitors, not even close to 28,000 and third we will remove it before anyone can track it.

We only put it up there to reply to your request, as a token of friendship, mutual support and good relationship between members.
If it makes you uncomfortable and prefer that we remove it, say so and we will remove it.

Were just trying to help....

majormajor

One Too Many
First of all, I don't think all the 28,000 members are reading this thread, second, the search engines need some time to locate this, and they will locate it if people will start looking for it, using it's exact name. The website is more or less private and has very few visitors, not even close to 28,000 and third we will remove it before anyone can track it.

We only put it up there to reply to your request, as a token of friendship, mutual support and good relationship between members.
If it makes you uncomfortable and prefer that we remove it, say so and we will remove it.

Were just trying to help....

Andy - the page impressions on this site run in the millions. And unlike "sharing" sites, the owners of FL can easily be traced by anyone wishing to claim a copyright violation.

They - not you - would receive the claim against them.

It was posted here in a kind way - I can get that - but it is naïve, all the same.

andyfalzon

Vendor
Andy - the page impressions on this site run in the millions. And unlike "sharing" sites, the owners of FL can easily be traced by anyone wishing to claim a copyright violation.

They - not you - would receive the claim against them.

It was posted here in a kind way - I can get that - but it is naïve, all the same.

Well, let's not forget that the book is widely available in all the ebook search engines for long time and this is where we got it from. So I don't think anyone will chase this site before they chase them.

However, because we do not wish to cause any trouble to this site we will remove the file within tomorrow.

It just seems like someone is trying way too hard..yet fumbling around in the dark. Don't know if it's a cultural thing..or what. Comes across the same way on the VLJ. Unusual favors/offers..then backing up in the face of despair once again. A business sense of the tail chasing the oblivious dog.
HD

andyfalzon

Vendor
No sweat HD
Just wanted to break the ice and show everybody here that I am just one of the guys.
I pointed out to a free book (made available for free by others) like anyone else being friendly would.
I didn't back up, I am saying if you don't like it don't download it, but save me the bilious talk ok?

Stand By

One Too Many
No sweat HD
Just wanted to break the ice and show everybody here that I am just one of the guys.
I pointed out to a free book (made available for free by others) like anyone else being friendly would.
I didn't back up, I am saying if you don't like it don't download it, but save me the bilious talk ok?

Well, I've followed this thread from my initial question and I'm very grateful to all those who have suggested the other books and I've put them all in my Wish List on Amazon. Thank you all.
As for this "free" book, I'd like to say that I only look in on the FL because I wish to learn and hopefully see something new and inspiring, and to admire what others have .... and, regardless of the legalities/appropriateness raised of it being posted, it was very good to see the book (albeit temporarily) and all those unique colour photos. I'll accept seeing it in the spirit it was (I believe) intended, by showing me something new and interesting - with my thanks, Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo