Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I make a band for my fedora?

d12bn

New in Town
I just bought a black fedora with a black band and would like to change it or cover it. Any advice on making one or links to buy one?

Thanks

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Head for a craft or fabric store and check out their ribbon section. Installing it so it looks good will be a challenge, so read up on the finer points of that process here in previous threads: ironing one edge only, for instance, pulling in one direction to get a "stretched" edge, so that it fits the slight taper of the hat body. Good luck!

d12bn

New in Town
Thanks

randooch said:
Head for a craft or fabric store and check out their ribbon section. Installing it so it looks good will be a challenge, so read up on the finer points of that process here in previous threads: ironing one edge only, for instance, pulling in one direction to get a "stretched" edge, so that it fits the slight taper of the hat body. Good luck!

Thats a good idea, I will go look.
I also got an idea watching the Today Show to look at ladies head bands.

By the way I can't find any information here on how to make one, can someone point me in the right direction? Meanwhile I'll do another search.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou