Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you help me Date this Cal Leather Motorcycle Jacket CHP Style?

kenadams

New in Town
I was hoping some of you guys would be willing to help me date this Cal Leather Motorcycle Jacket. I tried to take pics of the original zippers, lining, pockets and snaps. I would greatly appreciate it. Very thick and heavy. It looks like the main zipper and wrist zippers have been replaced but the front pockets have the originals.
IMG_2380.jpg
IMG_2381.jpg
IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_2383.jpg
IMG_2385.jpg
IMG_2386.jpg

The main and sleeve zips would've gotten you into a certain decade. It's super hard to say as the style has been around forever but I'd hazard a guess at 1970's. Great jacket. Those teardrop pulls at the handwarmers are super cool and unusual.

ksozay

One Too Many
80s.

- Still using Horsehide but medium weight at this time.
- Tear Drop zipper pulls are replacements, not originals.
- Canvas pocket writing identifies size of jacket and initial of employee that built the jacket.
- Gloss finish to leather, typical of Cal hides in the 80s.

Great jacket, liners looks in great condition.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I think the black anodized snaps also helps establish this as an 80s jacket. Possibly even 90s. The 90s were more about dark and stealthy... I'm anything but an expert, so not super confident, but that would be my guess.

Edward

Bartender
No expertise on Cal Leathers, but certainly in my broad experience of bike leathers, it was during the later eighties when blacked-out zippers started to become a thing. Nice jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo