Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you make a patch from this image?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm wondering if anyone here has the technology/ability to reproduce this image, this size, as a patch so I can add it to one of my eight panel ball caps from Cooperstown. Compensation will be made, of course, by any means suitable to the person who can do this.
The colors are not really exactly the way I would like them if it was a patch. The red, blue, and yellow should be true solid shades, a bit brighter than the image. It is the 25th FIS squadron logo from the Korean War era, by the way, which has changed since then. I created the image on MS paint by coloring over a photograph of a real patch I found on line. Thanks to anyone who can help. (I will be at a retreat away from my computer, from 5/30/08 1300 hours until the afternoon of 6/1/08.)

bhbhbbb-1.gif

dean

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I can create a vector ready file from it for the patch embroidery but cannot do the actual patch itself. No charge for the file. I would just email it back to you and you can save it for whoever can do the machine embroidery.

Let me know if you're interested.

Richard

frijoli

One of the Regulars
deanglen said:
I'm wondering if anyone here has the technology/ability to reproduce this image, this size, as a patch so I can add it to one of my eight panel ball caps from Cooperstown. Compensation will be made, of course, by any means suitable to the person who can do this.
The colors are not really exactly the way I would like them if it was a patch. The red, blue, and yellow should be true solid shades, a bit brighter than the image. It is the 25th FIS squadron logo from the Korean War era, by the way, which has changed since then. I created the image on MS paint by coloring over a photograph of a real patch I found on line. Thanks to anyone who can help. (I will be at a retreat away from my computer, from 5/30/08 1300 hours until the afternoon of 6/1/08.)

bhbhbbb-1.gif

dean
I believe my wife can do this. Let me check.
Clay

fatwoul

Practically Family
deanglen said:

It's possible that the Bernina sewing machine we have can do this, but I'll shut up until the other avenues here have been exhausted.

deanglen

Glass Shark said:
These people have a 12 patch minimum. I haven't dealt with them.

http://www.stadriemblems.com/?gclid=CPqUkLHVzpMCFQytGgod6E8qiQ

Nice design. What is it from?

Where they got the design for the 25th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, I can't really say, but it has gone through several versions over the years, which is unique for a squadron patch. Here are a few versions:

25thtfs-1.gif

25fis.jpg

25th_fis2_mb.gif

569a_1_b.jpg

The Morse code for number 25 was dropped, after morphing into simple marks in the inner white stripes. I believe it was originally angled, but photographs that I am basing my usage of it on the cap kept the synbol vertical on caps of the Korean War period. Thanks for your suggestion.

dean

deanglen

fatwoul said:
It's possible that the Bernina sewing machine we have can do this, but I'll shut up until the other avenues here have been exhausted.

Thank you, Robin, I remember how you got that sewing machine. ;) All's well with you? Tolerable here. I'll let you know what direction I'm headed, they're might be a local option. Unsure at this point.

dean

deanglen

LocktownDog said:
I can create a vector ready file from it for the patch embroidery but cannot do the actual patch itself. No charge for the file. I would just email it back to you and you can save it for whoever can do the machine embroidery.

Let me know if you're interested.

Richard

I will, and thanks Richard.

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace