Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you resell a suit on E-bay

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know if you can immediately resell an item that you've won on e-bay, or do you have to wait for a specified period of time to list it?

Thanks,

cgab

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
cgab1 said:
Does anyone know if you can immediately resell an item that you've won on e-bay, or do you have to wait for a specified period of time to list it?

Thanks,

cgab

If I understand your question correctly...there is no waiting period for reselling a purchased item on eBay. It is your property to do as you wish.

Of course I would make sure that you actually received the item you just won before listing it for sale.

Regards,

Matt

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Yes, that is what I wanted to make sure of. Just wanted to make sure that there were no weird rules. Thanks for the responses.

cgab

Matt Noir said:
If I understand your question correctly...there is no waiting period for reselling a purchased item on eBay. It is your property to do as you wish.

Of course I would make sure that you actually received the item you just won before listing it for sale.

Regards,

Matt

Edward

Bartender
As others have said, as soon as ownership transfers to you, you are entitled to resell as you wish. I agree it's a good idea to wait until it has arrvied with you so you're sure you've got it to sell, of course. With some high value things, if I got it for buttons, for example, I might be tempted to wait for resale until other buyers could no longer look up and see exactly what I paid for it, but if it's a really popular item anyhow, most buyers are unlikely to think twice about paying you more, potentiall, than they know you paid.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
The other good reason to wait until you get it....is the -off- chance that it is not as described by the seller.

If you list before you even receive it, you might include that same condition in your listing and thus perpetuate either something wrong with it going unreported...or an even better condition then it was reported as.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy