Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you wonderful ladies help a fella out...

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
...with a surprise for his wife?

I just bought my wife Helen a terrific new old stock dress from ballyhoovintage (Thanks, MissTayva!) and was wondering what type of hat (color, style, etc.) would look best with this:

HelenDress.jpg

Please advise, I'm trying to get this together in the next week or so for the "Stars and Stripes" ball in Chevy Chase next weekend.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

ZF

Johnnysan

One Too Many
ZF,

Sorry to cut into your thread, but I wanted to let you know that you have wonderful taste! I'm sure that your wife will love her new dress...truely, one-of-a-kind. I'm sure that my wife's opinion of my fashion sense would improve if I brought home such a find! :)

...and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Zf,
What an adorable dress,love the print. Is the background color navy or black? A hat that either blends in with the background or pulls from a color in the print itself would look pretty.
As for type of hat,check out the section in The Powder Room titled "Dollhats".

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Color of the dress is navy (I think)...

Just bought it last night having it shipped ASAP. I thought a color (white, off-white, cream?) that matches the print might be the way to go. Thanks! ZF-FH

Based on posts below, ended up with these two (there were originally two):

No. 2:
hat2.jpg

No. 4:
hat4.jpg

Total price about $22.50! (Can't beat that!)

colleency

One of the Regulars
Love the dress, and I love that second hat! I'm not sure which is the best choice with the dress, but it sure is pretty!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I agree. The second hat,top right hand corner.Very pretty!
The flowers on the first might compete a bit with the pattern

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Number two and number four...

Thanks, Colleency, Lauren, and RubyRed!

Purchased both of these today on eBay. In addition to the new dress, she has some other outfits that they probably ought to work with... Thanks, ZF!

BTW, I also bought her a pair of just-below-the-elbow white gloves. Think those will work? Should I have gone with wrist-length?

magneto

Practically Family
Zemke Fan said:
Thanks, Colleency, Lauren, and RubyRed!

Purchased both of these today on eBay. In addition to the new dress, she has some other outfits that they probably ought to work with... Thanks, ZF!

BTW, I also bought her a pair of just-below-the-elbow white gloves. Think those will work? Should I have gone with wrist-length?

Nope, that's a-Okay. "The shorter the sleeve, the longer the glove." Wrist length shorties=long sleeves.

Jessica

One of the Regulars
lucky

What a lucky wife you have! You have wonderful taste. I love the dress and the second hat.
Kisses,
Jessica

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner