Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cant Decide On a Black HJ inde fedora or a regular one

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Pinnacles have already been pulled from stock at the Garland Outlet in preparation for the upcoming price increases. I did find a nice Steson Temple in black so I picked it up in the meantime.

StetsonTemple001.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
personally, I like the look of a black hat.

As do I. I only have two problems with them:

01) They really, really show dust and dirt and other foreign material.

02) I've never thought I'd rather wear a black hat instead of a shade of grey or brown, so while I like the look, it's never my first choice -- if I want something especially dark, I'll go for a charcoal grey.

I don't equate them with villains or gangsters at all, though. I think they look sharp and dressy.

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
I think all the black hats posted look really cool. I myself do not own one. I do not think you would be mistaken for someone of Jewish faith in most places, but where I live in New York City I believe that most people would in fact mistake me for a Jew if I was wearing a wide brimmed black fedora. I mean Wide wide brimmed. To answer the question, I'd say go with brown. Brown and Gray are my favorite colors for hats.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Re: the concern about black hats and dust, dirt , lint, etc.. It should be noted that all black hats are not equally inclined to attract foreign matter. My current fur felts are not especially obnoxious about this. I did , however once have a 100% wool "Lite Felt", in black. It had a beautiful shape, but it was an absolute lint magnet! I found myself brushing it several times a day. (I finally gave it away to a guy who loved it.) :)

Goose.

Practically Family
Cabe said:
Need some help . ...Also i dont want to look like a jew . I have nothing against jews but i dont want to walk down the rode and people see my hat and think, Wow he is a jew...

Ya know Cabe...
I thought about it today...I feel your pain. I want to wear a turban, but don't want to be mistaken for Sikh.

Check out the signs in the strip mall on either side of my mug and you may understand. This is about 2 blocks from my pad.

So, I will continue to wear a fedora...but my innerself keeps yearning...

Click the pic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS