Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carhartt Denim jackets Discontinued and Discounted

KevinX3

New in Town
Hi,

For some inexplicable reason Carhartt has discontinued it's denim trucker jacket (both unlined and sherpa). I was in the market and found a sherpa lined one here (size XL) for US$57. Ordered it and paid the US$60 postage (yes more than the jacket).

www.ddtexasoutfitters.com

I now look on their site and the same jacket (in stock XL or XXL) is now US$27 aaaaarrrggghhh!!!

Oh well, still got a good price, but US$30 cheaper would have been better.

Just in case anyone's in the market......

KevinX3

New in Town
Yes, the discounted sherpa jackets are on the ddTexas outfitters site (and I can say US$27 is a fantastic price, I thought US$57 was pretty damned good).

This from the Carhartt site in the Q&A (noting J292 is the sherpa lined denim trucker jacket and J291 is the unlined denim trucker jacket)

Do you still carry J292?
Clark B on Oct 7, 2016
BEST ANSWER: The J292 has been discontinued. However, your interest in this style will be shared with Product Design.

And

Will style #J291 2xlarge tall be restock?
Patty on Jul 25, 2016
BEST ANSWER: Our style J291 has been discontinued. We will not be getting any more of them in.

And

Looking for this jacket J292 everywhere in canada with no LUCK? Dont discontinue a good thing!!!
A shopper on Nov 30, 2016
BEST ANSWER: We apologize that the color you are interested in has been discontinued. Typically when we discontinue an item, size or color it is due to lack of sales. Although an item may sell well in one region, if it does not do well nationwide we are forced to discontinue that item.

Kevin

KevinX3

New in Town
How do these run, fit-wise?

Not sure, mine hasn't arrived yet. It is taking a rather circuitous route from Dallas to Oz. The reviews I have read generally indicate it is as expected, but slightly more generous around the middle (in keeping with a 'working' jacket). If you live in the US and don't pay US$60 in postage, then US$27 is worth a punt IMHO:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80