Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap(er) LVC stuff

majormajor

One Too Many
The new gingham blouse jacket is one of my favourites. I wish they would make one that wasn't pre-distressed, though. I'm not a fan of pre-wrecked new clothing.

My thoughts exactly. The ones they are selling even have holes in them!

I would buy a non distressed example of the Gingham Jacket, but LVC seems to be more about "historical" posturing, than actually running a clothing business, so I doubt that one will ever appear. :eeek:;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Them's vintage sizing too. I just got a 1950s Mackinaw through the post, and it says size 38, but it's an on-the-nail 36 if ever I wore one. :D

pipvh

Practically Family
The gingham is nice but the distressing is insane! If I wanted a jacket that looked as if a large, wet dog had been sleeping on it for two years I'd... well, I've probably got a couple of those lying around, come to think of it. And I once left a fairly new Abercrombie & Fitch canvas duck work jacket in a tree for an entire New England year - worked pretty well. That jacket is nicely aged. Even has some slug damage...

majormajor

One Too Many
LMAO - XXL=44 chest.

Good god. Too bad too - that Gingham is a winner.

I think is what is known as "addressing the Japanese market"...........

Which, for an American company that claims to value value it's roots, is just a touch hypocritical.

LVC simply play around with their history, making up tiny batches of iconic garments, 90% of which end up in Japan.

I return the favour by treating LS products with a similar level of contempt. But that's just me:eeek::D;)

pipvh

Practically Family
I did a bit of business here once, those guys are definitely very nice people to deal with

Seconded.

But, damn: f I hadn't just insulated my roof (after the longest, coldest winter for 50 years) I would be all over that Menlo. Prioritising heat and comfort over fashion... will I never learn?

I tried on the gingham blouse in the old Cinch store yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have a size S to try on. The M is reasonably trim, but still boxy and blousy.

It is extremely sad that they don't do an un-distressed one. The staff were also unhappy about this. The fabric is simply gorgeous - semi-herringbone cotton in medium weight and soft.

majormajor

One Too Many
I tried on the gingham blouse in the old Cinch store yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have a size S to try on. The M is reasonably trim, but still boxy and blousy.

It is extremely sad that they don't do an un-distressed one. The staff were also unhappy about this. The fabric is simply gorgeous - semi-herringbone cotton in medium weight and soft.

This is LVC's email address:

levisvintageclothing@levi.com

Maybe if we all write to them and ask for some none-distressed stuff, they might listen? (I wouldn't hold my breath tho...:D;))

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy