Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Formal Studs

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
When you buy a formal shirt these days they come with very cheap (plastic?) studs. Not that any of us would wear those:eek: But I am a member of a Mardi Gras Krewe and male guests to the ball we hold often forget items such as bow-ties, cummerbunds, entire tuxedo's. :rolleyes:

I can't really help out my guests when they forget the whole enchilada, but I have cummerbunds and ties and used to make sure I had all those cheapy studs in an envelope that came with various formal shirts I own. Have lost the cheap studs.

Where could I get those studs w/o buying a new shirt?

farnham54

A-List Customer
I do recall a particularily lean week for clothing I was forced to wear a dress shirt that had been hiding in the back of my clost for ages--I was home visiting my parents, and all of my cufflinks were still at my Uni residence. So I did the next best thing; off to the garage for some bolts.

Worked like a charm, and may be a temporary/emergency solution for you.

Otherwise, I'd say just pick up a cheapy pair off of ebay.

Cheers
Craig

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
That might work for the cufflinks if they forget, but I really need the shirt studs in case they forget. Typed "Studs" in on ebay and got mostly goth/punk items.

Cufflinks can be improvised as you skillfully did for yourself. For forgetful guests, I have used saftey pins and even paper clips as cufflinks.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
OldSkoolFrat said:
those cheapy studs in an envelope that came with various formal shirts I own. Have lost the cheap studs.

Where could I get those studs w/o buying a new shirt?

How many do you need?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR