Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Check this out...

kiltie

Practically Family
This looks like a real hat [huh]

http://cgi.ebay.com/STETSON-BARTLET...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I don't know if I'm violating THE rule, but this is off an Ebay store with a set price and multiple units.
It's listed as a Stetson, but I'm sure I see a Dobbs' pin on the bow. Anybody got one of these? Check out the edge; whaddya make of that? Welted? Stitched?
And who is Dobbs under now, anyway? It really looks like it could be pretty neat, and certainly, in terms of pure asthetic value, much more attractive than the new Stetson offerings ( am sorry to say ).

kiltie

Practically Family
Hmmmm... Crown looks better on the Ebay pic. I'd be torqued if I ended up with your pic, Lefty, thinking it was gonna be a bit more straight sided. Still, a little something different with the brim there, and for the asking price ( gadzooks! ), it must be a higher end hat in their line.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs is under HATCO, which means it's not going to be that great, but the Steve Harvey line at least tries to look good.

Hatco also makes the modern incarnations of Cavanagh, Knox, Mallory, Stetson, and Resistol. (according to the classic hat makers thread.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner