Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Chicago Hook" bash

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi I went to Mr. White's website and looked at the hook. I hate the one on his sight, but I like the one you have. The one on his website has too much bash in the very front of the hat while yours appears to have the bash more on top of the hat. It's a small but obviously important difference, at least to me. Still love the color.

Later

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
"...but I could never pull that look off."

I think it wouldn't work for me, either. It makes for a tall crown and I don't look good in a tall, squarish crown.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Chicago Hook

I like the concept; in practice, it either works for YOU or not. I'm going to try it out (literally) and see what kind of criticism gets slung my way. Look at the bash this way: the crazy millinery blocks are getting some great interest, and they must have produced some mildly interesting bashes. Take a look on eBay and feast your eyes, there must be 25 if there's one.

Edward

Bartender
I posted this over in the New hats thread, but it seems appropriate here too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My newest Gary White. This is the "Chicago Hook".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
From above the crease looks kinda like a "C". The Detroit version looks like an "S".

Not to everyone's taste, I imagine, but I rather like the asymmetry of it.

The one in this photo reminds me of a coffee bean from the top.... If you described it to me, I don't think I'd be impressed, but I actually really like this. It's the sort of think I might be tempted to try on a hat that was a second one of the same (or a very similar) model in the same colour.... I genuinely do like that a lot.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mallory 1924

5147325657_9305f9455b_b.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab

The more I look at this, the less it seems to have a hook bash in it. It definitely has a hollywood brim (which I love), but I think that is just a center dent.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the hook bash. It just seems a little off to me, but bravo to those who are cool enough to rock it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn