Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocolate: A very important poll!

What is your favorite version of chocolate?

• White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milk

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dark

• I really jsut don't like chocolate very much.

• Total voters

Novella

Practically Family
This is an easy question: dark all the way! White chocolate doesn't really qualify as chocolate in my mind and milk chocolate often doesn't taste very chocolately.

I really need to go buy a bar of Green & Blacks - I've heard how good that brand is from so many people!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Interesting.

I just saw the poll and voted immediately without reading this. Just like me, the majority of you like the dark chocolate the best. It has the most robust flavor, which is what chocolate is all about. :essen:
Plain old ordinary milk chocolate will do, but that white stuff is just wrong. :(

Mrs. MK

New in Town
Chocolate for asthma

mysterygal said:
I like milk chocolate...but keep a stack of dark chocolate in handy (helps with asthma attacks!)
Has the dark chocolate been more of an aquired taste? Or have you guys always liked it. To me, it's not bad, but kind of strong on the cocoa taste.

Dark chocolate is acquired for me, but I do like it and sometimes I like milk chocolate. I think my palate has changed since I was younger. Also, I can't stand Hershey's chocolate. After eating the good stuff, Hershey's tastes like ... well, I won't say it here in polite company. In my opinion! We have to maintain good communication skills. Whoever wants to like Hershey's can, with my blessing.

I didn't know that chocolate helped with your asthma.

Mrs. MK

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Yep, that chiropractor guy I told you about actually told me about chocolate and asthma. I told him I hated taking my fast acting inhaler (it's this thing you've got to keep around you always just in case of emergencies) cause the effects of that was worse than the asthma attack itself! (felt like your heart was racing a gazillion miles a minute)..so told me about chocolate..preferably dark. There's a chemical inside chocolate that acts like medicines like albuterol only, safer and well, better for you cause it's natural...works like a charm every time!

Rosie

One Too Many
I'm not a big lover of dark chocolate :eek: , it's an acquired taste that I have yet to acquire. In my opinion, dark chocolate is for baking, hot chocolate and truffles not for "oh, I've got to have a piece of chocolate".

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Mrs. MK said:
Dark chocolate is acquired for me, but I do like it and sometimes I like milk chocolate. I think my palate has changed since I was younger. Also, I can't stand Hershey's chocolate. After eating the good stuff, Hershey's tastes like ... well, I won't say it here in polite company. In my opinion! We have to maintain good communication skills. Whoever wants to like Hershey's can, with my blessing.

I didn't know that chocolate helped with your asthma.

Mrs. MK

I like dark dark chocolate, Green and blacks 85% is amazing.

I also like Cadbury's fruit and nut occasionally but find Galaxy too sweet.

Not keen on white, all cocoa butter and no solids. Pure fat really!

Hershey's is odd tasting I think. I brought some to bring back as gifts for my co workers, they all thought it had "gone off"!

Bill Bryson wrote that it's been reformulated and reformulated to cut costs over the years and has become a shadow of it's former self. It is also designed to remain shelf stable over the wide range of temperatures you get in the states without getting bloom. Which might also account for the weird taste.

Strider

One of the Regulars
I rarely eat chocolate. It doesn't matter to me that much one way or the other.

Caledonia

Practically Family
But sometimes, when the going gets tough and you just want to sit in a corner and suck your thumb, that white stuff is the only thing that'll help - the Milky Bars are on me! :D

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
M & Ms are perfect to me since you can satisy a quick craving for choclate with a few of them and yet aren't obligated to finish a huge bar once unwrapped.
Chew.gif

Miss_Bella_Hell

Twitch said:
M & Ms are perfect to me since you can satisy a quick craving for choclate with a few of them and yet aren't obligated to finish a huge bar once unwrapped.
Chew.gif

If you get the mini M&Ms made for baking, they are dark chocolate!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Whenever Someone is coming back from England I ask for some chocolate bars to be brought back for me. I prefer UK to US chocolate.

A funny story: a friend came back from Russia about 20 years ago with a choco bar. She said Russia got chocolate from Denmark so it was high quality. She opened the bar to find dry chalky chocolate.:eusa_doh:
I still ate it; it was chocolate after all.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

decodoll

Practically Family
Milk is my favourite. I like orange flavoured dark chocolate a lot too, though. White doesn't count as real chocolate! Wolf, if you're ever in SF, you should check out Fog City News on Market and 1st. The owner is very into chocolate and has chocolate bars from all around the world.

chocolate.gif

mmmmm....chocolate. Have to have my daily fix.

magneto

Practically Family
Surprised there are so many "dark" choc fans...although it makes sense; appeals to a mature and discerning palate). Unfortunately I am in the non-chocolate-liking minority. Give me a Planter's Peanut Bar and I'm happy as a clam.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
decodoll said:
Milk is my favourite. I like orange flavoured dark chocolate a lot too, though. White doesn't count as real chocolate! Wolf, if you're ever in SF, you should check out Fog City News on Market and 1st. The owner is very into chocolate and has chocolate bars from all around the world.

chocolate.gif

mmmmm....chocolate. Have to have my daily fix.

I agree, white chocolate isnt really chocolate :D

I just got these do die for dark double chocolate (Fabe's natural bakery) cookies from Whole Foods. They have no added sugar, so they are aweet, but not 'milk chocolate' sweet, but they have a milk chocolate texture. Wonderful.

LD

Benny Holiday

Love that dark chocolate

Just give me Cadburys . . . Cadburys Dark, Cadburys Milk chocolate (with the famous glass and a half of milk in the family-size block), Peppermint Cream, Snack (with all the flavoured centres), and the very, very ultimate: the Flake bar. Mmmm, Flake . . .

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
With all this talk of dark chocolate, I decided to go out and try a different brand. Dove makes a great dark chocolate bar..I love it cause it still has that creamy texture that I love:)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
As a child, I loved milk chocolate and considered dark chocolate to be much too bitter. My elders had contrary tastes and would often say,"You'll like dark chocolate when you get older". True enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran