Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chores That You Really Hate(d)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Looking for the tool that most everyday I see it except on the day I need to use it.
By the time I find it, I'm too tired
and frustrated which I then decide to continue the next day.

The next day something else comes up and the chore from yesterday is put on the back-burner.

When the opportunity to do the chore I put on hold is available,
I start to look for the tool. But the tool has decided to play "hide & seek".

And the cycle continues that I swear I can hear this ....

And I know that I've crossed into
another dimension! :(

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
"Forgot password?"
Instead of retrieving the forgotten password I now have to create
another which can be a chore and will require a log book to keep tab on the passwords accumulated over time.

Solution:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

3fingers

One Too Many
"Forgot password?"
Instead of retrieving the forgotten password I now have to create
another which can be a chore and will require a log book to keep tab on the passwords accumulated over time.

Solution:
View attachment 120640
Security is great, but some sites are getting ridiculous. "You must use 2 numbers, but not consecutively, 3 capital letters, all different and a "special symbol" from the following list. You must change your password at least every 90 days. You cannot reuse a password that you have used in the last 3 years."
This from my small rural bank. :mad:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Security is great, but some sites are getting ridiculous. "You must use 2 numbers, but not consecutively, 3 capital letters, all different and a "special symbol" from the following list. You must change your password at least every 90 days. You cannot reuse a password that you have used in the last 3 years."

Forgetting or entering the wrong information, you will have to wait 15 minutes before you are allowed to try again. :(

Last edited:
...Why can't they make rain gutters at about shoulder height?
Oh come on, where's the fun in that? :D

"Your password must be exactly 57 characters long for no reason whatsoever. It must contain no fewer than five capitalized letters (but no more than seven), at least eight numbers, six special characters, and an umlaut." o_O

I'm already on my third password on some websites simply because they got hacked and had to "strengthen" their security protocols.
PzV1uhC.gif

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
"Your password must be exactly 57 characters long for no reason whatsoever. It must contain no fewer than five capitalized letters (but no more than seven), at least eight numbers, six special characters, and an umlaut." o_O

Come December your password will also require....

Twelve drummers drumming
Eleven pipers piping
Ten lords a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing
Eight maids a-milking
Seven swans a-swimming
Six geese a-laying
Five golden rings
Four calling birds
Three french hens
Two turtle doves, and
A partridge in a pear tree.

PzV1uhC.gif

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed the "recommended" passwords on some sites - they are a long string of numbers, letters and symbols that would test anyone memory (especially if you used that methodology at several sites).

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I hated 'assisting' my Dad when he had work to do around the house.

Because I didn't actually assist. Take painting, for instance. What I did was never good enough. So I would have to stand close by (g0d forbid I wasn't Johnny-on-the-spot to give him exactly what he asked for) and hand him stuff. And when these sessions happened, it seemed like hours. And no, I wasn't allowed to opt out.

Last edited:
I hated 'assisting' my Dad when he had work to do around the house.

Because I didn't actually assist. Taking painting, for instance. What I did was never good enough. So I would have to stand close by (g0d forbid I wasn't Johnny-on-the-spot to give him exactly what he asked for) and hand him stuff. And when these sessions happened, it seemed like hours. And no, I wasn't allowed to opt out.

Been there. Many people pine for their youth - you could not print enough money to get me to relive my childhood.

Been there. Many people pine for their youth - you could not print enough money to get me to relive my childhood.
Man, I agree. I love my age, and wouldn't trade it for being 6, 10, 16, 21 or what have you. Time machine be dammed. Reliving that would be bottom on my list. Just above being eaten alive by a shark. [emoji14]

The worst part of childhood is that you waste so much of it daydreaming about being an adult.

Equally wasteful is "if only I knew then what I know now" thinking. Sure, any person with insight into his own character is sure to have his regrets. But chewing over what is long ago done and filed away takes energy better spent elsewhere.

As an old friend put it, "and if rabbits packed pistols dogs wouldn't mess with 'em."

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
The worst part of childhood is that you waste so much of it daydreaming about being an adult.

Meh. I couldn't wait to grow up and have no warm fuzzies when contemplating most of my childhood.

I hated being a kid and having to be around kids for most of the day. And I realized early on that I could have made better decisions than those which were made on my behalf by well meaning but clueless adults.... and five- plus decades later I still stand by that assessment.

Equally wasteful is "if only I knew then what I know now" thinking. Sure, any person with insight into his own character is sure to have his regrets. But chewing over what is long ago done and filed away takes energy better spent elsewhere...
"Shoulda', woulda', coulda'..." syndrome. The real problem is, when you start trying to remove the "weak links" the entire chain of events in our lives falls apart. Sure I've made my share of mistakes and "bad" choices, but even a wrong turn can lead you to something good that you hadn't considered or expected. Simple example: "I hated that job and wish I'd never taken it. But if I hadn't worked there I wouldn't have met my wife/husband." No, it's best to remember the past and be mindful of the future, but live in this moment.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Meh. I couldn't wait to grow up and have no warm fuzzies when contemplating most of my childhood.

I hated being a kid and having to be around kids for most of the day. And I realized early on that I could have made better decisions than those which were made on my behalf by well meaning but clueless adults.... and five- plus decades later I still stand by that assessment.

Yeah, I've never been able to stand most people my own age. When I was a kid they were always going on about bad music, dumb TV shows, unpleasant celebrities, and how much grownups sucked. And now that I'm on the far end of middle age, the people my own age are always going on about bad music, dumb TV shows, unpleasant celebrities and how much Those Kids Today suck.

Say what you will about Those Kids Today but they certainly seem to whine a lot less than their elders.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I've never been able to stand most people my own age. When I was a kid they were always going on about bad music, dumb TV shows, unpleasant celebrities, and how much grownups sucked. And now that I'm on the far end of middle age, the people my own age are always going on about bad music, dumb TV shows, unpleasant celebrities and how much Those Kids Today suck.

Say what you will about Those Kids Today but they certainly seem to whine a lot less than their elders.

They have it a lot harder than we did. The ones I know work hard and have well reasoned but passionate convictions. As a generation, they impress me more favorably than my boomer generation, and certainly more favorably than the Gen X-ers. That said, it's a generalization whose exceptions number is legion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner