Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chores That You Really Hate(d)

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
My parents waited until I left the nest to buy their first snowblower.
I am nearly 40. I have never seen a snowblower in person. The only person I know that has a snow shovel for snow is from up north. Otherwise they are just Christmas decorations.
I do have a shovel I use for snow but it was meant to clear out the stables due to having horses.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a love/hate relationship with mowing. I enjoy it for the satisfaction of getting it down. However I'm very allergic to cut grass. I've ended up in the hospital several times from it. I mow my 5 acres weekly from early spring to late fall...
Only one trip to the hospital this year so I must be getting used to it.

By the time you finish, do you have to start all over again?

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
By the time you finish, do you have to start all over again?
Nope. I can usually get it done in a day. Get the weed eater done first thing then mow for the rest of the day. I have a 5 ft ZTR mower and I keep the blades shaving sharp. I can go at a fairly fast pace and still get a good neat mow. I do have to load up on allergy medicine before and shower heavily after. Even then I suffer the next day.

Taking the dogs out for their walk which I have to do at 7:30–8:00 PM so that they don’t poop and pee in the house during the night. This is the time when I’ve pretty much run out of steam and should be relaxing.
An addendum to walking the dogs is picking up their poop. I’m past the gross out stage by now but what I hate are the poop bags which are hard to open. So I’m standing there trying to open it while Roxy and Zoe are pulling at me or are going nuts when they see another dog.

An addendum to walking the dogs is picking up their poop. I’m past the gross out stage by now but what I hate are the poop bags which are hard to open. So I’m standing there trying to open it while Roxy and Zoe are pulling at me or are going nuts when they see another dog.

Equally annoying is trying to get a roll of those poop bags into the holder that attaches to the leash, and moreso to get the end bag through the opening through which you're supposed to remove them from said holder. Ugh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner