Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CIANO Farmer Custom-Sized 18oz Chino Khaki - Review

wdw

One Too Many
The good news is that he's been posting again on the Selvedge board after a long break, so he's not doing an LD. The usual advice is to phone him, though, as he answers that more than emails.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got the "starting next week" message when I emailed in early December about my order as well. I placed my order in September. I'm ok with the wait but prefer a more accurate timeline.

A-1

One Too Many
I’m with Butte. I think he’s one of the very good guys. Don’t worry, you’ll get great stuff. I was worried, too. And I’m the most impatient person that I know, that doesn’t help either..

casechopper

Just got in my Ciano Farmer 18 oz. chinos. I'm impressed. There are some minor stitching flaws but they're not very noticeable and are not functional issues. The material is extremely heavy and stiff. I have a pair of Naked and Famous Elephant 4 jeans that are 23 oz. and these feel very much like those for stiffness and weight. These are the slim fit and probably fit slimmer than most here would want. I ordered a size down because Ciano's sizing seems pretty generous and I think the sizing worked out good. Hopefully they won't shrink too much when washed.

fwFEzdhh.jpg
ANBdTp6h.jpg
PP7hJgch.jpg
mZIb1duh.jpg
vPZwC3rh.jpg
T1GruQvh.jpg
vbuc8vBh.jpg
YmI3S8yh.jpg
1vzSEzxh.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
Nice buy. I have his 18oz canvas jacket and 23oz denim jeans, and the stiffness is pretty much identical.

A-1

One Too Many
Great!!! Just don’t wash or soak it! I haven’t done it in 6 months. You can simply brush the dirt off of the cloth, it’s incredible. Even fat and all. Let it dry, you need to be patient. Then brush it off...

casechopper

I'll wash at least some but with infrequent cold washes and hang drying I'm hoping it will shrink minimally. I'm jonesing for one of his jackets now that I've seen the quality of the pants. I'll probably wait until finances are in a better place before buying anything more though.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I'm glad to see some ship recently. Mine are very similar, but are (supposedly) still in production. Ordered them September 27, 2015.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Okay, at 15 weeks with no pants, I just sent an email asking for a refund if the pants don't ship by next Friday (which will be 16 weeks). Patience has worn, not only thin, but completely off.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
He replied quickly, called and left me a message. Got to give him props, seems like a nice guy. Says my pants are going out tomorrow.

Last edited:

casechopper

I get the impression that he's a bit disorganized which is pretty common with one man shops. I think being the squeaky wheel might be a good idea if you want to get your order more quickly.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I agree. From talking with him, it seems it is a two-man operation. He just sent me a tracking number. Now I am excited all over again.

Reactions: A-1

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
Just got in my Ciano Farmer 18 oz. chinos. I'm impressed. There are some minor stitching flaws but they're not very noticeable and are not functional issues. The material is extremely heavy and stiff. I have a pair of Naked and Famous Elephant 4 jeans that are 23 oz. and these feel very much like those for stiffness and weight. These are the slim fit and probably fit slimmer than most here would want. I ordered a size down because Ciano's sizing seems pretty generous and I think the sizing worked out good. Hopefully they won't shrink too much when washed.

fwFEzdhh.jpg
ANBdTp6h.jpg
PP7hJgch.jpg
mZIb1duh.jpg
vPZwC3rh.jpg
T1GruQvh.jpg
vbuc8vBh.jpg
YmI3S8yh.jpg
1vzSEzxh.jpg

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
FYI, I have a couple pair of CF 12 oz, and a pair of khaki 18oz. I received my 12oz with an extra inch of inseam, which I lost with a warm wash, and medium heat dry. Lost an inch in the waist also. My khaki pair came an inch shorter in inseam, which I didn't want to loose, so washed cold, and hung dry, with a loss of 1/2 inch in waist and inseam. More heat, more shrink.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
My pants (remake) finally came yesterday. Very heavy, coarse, indestructible feel. If you hunt or hike and move through briars and such, these would be an ideal pant. Much more bomb-proof than anything from Cabela's. I think I will really like these in, like Aero jackets, a few months when they finally break in. Very well made! The "slim fit" are VERY slim. If you want this look you must order the regular fit. Ciano was very nice and easy to work with. Made my first order "right" and got them out to me in a fraction of the time it took to get the original order. I will be ordering from him again!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner