Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarette and Cigar Holders

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Anyone here in Fedora Lounge who uses a cigar or cigarette holder? I am only an occasional cigar smoker, and always enjoy using a holder. Holders were big in decades past, and to me always added a touch of class and elegance to any outfit. Love to hear if any others of you share my passion for these.

Jay

Practically Family
I used to use a Venturi filter for my cigarettes, same as Hunter Thompson, but have since lost it. I should probably get a replacement soon since they're only a couple bucks, last forever, and cut out a lot of tar.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use a Denicotea filtered holder, the amount of gunk the filter picks up is scary. Several online vendors carry them.

It also keeps the smell off my fingers and the smoke out of my eyes.

I also have a nice vintage ivory holder I received as a gift, which I'll make use of next time I'm in white tie and tails.

Warbaby

One Too Many
I use a cigarette holder most of the time. Cigs definitely smoke cooler and smoother with a holder, and you don't get smoke in your eyes when you need both hands free for something else. I have a dozen or so in ivory, amber and bakelite (I'll post pix if anyone wants to see 'em). I also always carry my cigarettes in a case. I figure since I'm an unrepentent smoker, I may as well do it with style.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Mark PM'd a request for photos of my cigarette holders, so here they are:

First off, my two favorites - the first one is real amber with 14k trim, the second is also real amber, very slim and elegant. The gold trimmed one has a slightly larger diameter than a standard cigarette and fits fat ciggies like Balkan Sobranies (which are my all-time favorite cigarettes and which I haven't had for ages) or small cigars.

CH_amber.jpg

CHamberlong.jpg

This next lot includes a swirly multi-colored plastic and bakelite holder, black bakelite with rhinestones, a bakelite and amber holder for fat cigarettes or small cigars, and my 'everyday' ivory holder with gold trim.

CH_4.jpg

Two holders that use Medico filters:

CH_filt.jpg

And finally, three ivory holders. The little one with gold trim is interesting in that the inside diameter is too small for standard cigarettes - will only fit cigs the size of Virginia Slims (which I don't smoke) and a few odd foreign brands.

CH_ivory5.JPG

Ok smokers, I showed you mine, now show me yours...

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
Warbaby said:
I use a cigarette holder most of the time. Cigs definitely smoke cooler and smoother with a holder, and you don't get smoke in your eyes when you need both hands free for something else. I have a dozen or so in ivory, amber and bakelite (I'll post pix if anyone wants to see 'em). I also always carry my cigarettes in a case. I figure since I'm an unrepentent smoker, I may as well do it with style.

That's a fine collection you have there.

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
My bakelike one was busted and I decided to just repair it for display purposes only. (thankyou guys for the helpful advice :) )

Here's my new baby, I think it suits my personality more:

djhatman

One of the Regulars
I have never seen or heard of men using holders was it common? I always thought that holders were something only women used.

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Cigarette/cigar holders

Hi, DJ! I just sent you a private message all about holders! In short, it was much more common in the past for men to use holders than it is today, but yes, holders were designed for both men and for women.

djhatman said:
I have never seen or heard of men using holders was it common? I always thought that holders were something only women used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou