Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classic styled cars

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Lol
Had to read it twice, as soon as you said yellow my mind went bumble bee.
My 16 yo would prob die of happiness if I painted my cruiser yellow & black, she'd call it bumblee bee (transformer fanatic)
LocktownDog said:
I have a PT Cruiser. Planning on painting it bright yellow and striping it with a checkerboard design and rate sign for the doors. I even have a source for the cab light on the roof.

Why?

Why not? lol

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
LocktownDog said:
I have a PT Cruiser. Planning on painting it bright yellow and striping it with a checkerboard design and rate sign for the doors. I even have a source for the cab light on the roof.

Why?

Why not? lol

You can buy NYC taxi-cab yellow paint if you wanna be reeeeally accurate to the most famous cab fleet in the world.

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Chevrolet HHR Panel

Holden Efijy (concept only, sadly)

Mitsuoka Le Seyde. Kinda reminiscent of the Zimmers.

Weismann GT

Mary

Practically Family
The Citroën charleston!

Citroen-2CV-6-Charleston-1984-lg.jpg

habberdasher

A-List Customer
morganswift said:
My Citroen C6 is obviously a very modern design but it has deco aspects and is one of the most stylish modern cars around (but then again I'm incredibly biased!).

myC6.jpg

CitroenC6800.jpg

Cheers
Alex

Wow! That's nice! Never new citroen made higher-end cars. I thought they only thought they made little hatchbacks and utilitarian vehicles.

D

Deleted member 6442

Thanks, habberdasher. Yes, the C6 is an oddity in their current line-up. It puts me in mind of the DS and the less well known SM. I think Citroen are trying to shrug off the budget/utilitarian image a bit and they will be bringing out some 'DS' badged cars soon which will offer a bit more design to those who want more than just a box on wheels. Shift in the right direction I guess.

Alex

habberdasher

A-List Customer
morganswift said:
Thanks, habberdasher. Yes, the C6 is an oddity in their current line-up. It puts me in mind of the DS and the less well known SM. I think Citroen are trying to shrug off the budget/utilitarian image a bit and they will be bringing out some 'DS' badged cars soon which will offer a bit more design to those who want more than just a box on wheels. Shift in the right direction I guess.

Alex
I read that Jacques Chirac chose it as his official car. He has good taste!

davestlouis

Practically Family
I just saw a rotten DS21 near the airport today, sitting almost flat on the ground, I understand the hydraulic suspension allows it to settle overnight. I'd be scared to death of any older Citroen, because of the hydraulics...I have enough trouble getting a SAAB worked on, heaven forbid I roll onto my mechanic's lot with a Citroen, he'd probably lock the doors and pretend he was closed.

DodgeDeluxe

New in Town
Here's my take on the subject. While there are some classy cars still being built no doubt, mainly high end and foreign, cars themselves are not looked at the same as they were in the golden era. What I mean by that is now cars to me are more of an appliance. They lack the glamour and glitz. Models used to change each year, dealers would white wash over the showroom windows before unveiling the new models with much hype. Proud owners posed in front of the family car for photographs, you never see that anymore. In my opinion, the average cars today are mundane and boring.

Dan

D

Deleted member 6442

I totally agree. Function has won out over design in most areas. And I think it's sad. I reckon aesthetics and an appreciation of design should be taught in schools from an early age so that each individual is contributing to making the world a more beautiful place with every purchase they make. But then again I'm an idealist...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara