Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club collars in the 21st century or The Club Collar Club

Jovan

Suspended
I invite anyone who owns a rounded club collar -- detachable or otherwise -- to post pictures of you wearing it, especially in a more casual context. To me, this is a style that needs to come back. Already, certain designers are trying to revive it. Brooks Brothers has them available in their "Select" or made-to-measure shirts as a "golf collar," but occasionally they pop up as a ready to wear item. What it has to do with golf if anything, remains a mystery to me.

I'll post pictures of mine as soon as I can. Have at it!

pistolpete

Familiar Face
Bravo......

.....I wear a club collars almost exclusively, with eyelets, I love that pinned look with a little jewlery, I use solid gold/sterling silver/vintage collar bars. I will post photos. Bang! Bang!

Jovan

Suspended
Sounds great! Vladimir Lenin was a fan of that style in a soft collar.

lenin010605nv9.jpg

Mine doesn't have eyelets, as it's a modern Brooks Brothers, but it looks great with the clip-style collar bar I own.

MB5

One of the Regulars
It's hardly casual, unless you count the fact the tie is loose.
The collar is a Slidewell Salamis.
clubcollar.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
MB5, looks great nonetheless. I meant like with sport coats and casual fabric suits. (People may disagree, but I think a club collar would look EXCELLENT with the classic salt-and-pepper-gray tweed suit.) The club collar has this air of stiff-upper-lip to a lot of viewers of movies because it's most often seen as those super starched stiff detachables in Victorian to 1920s movies with frock coats and sack suits and the like.

Feraud: God no. I honestly don't know what the author is thinking sometimes. The guy has a decent shirt and tie, but everything else is horrendously wrong, including his expression. :p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jovan said:
Brooks Brothers has them available as a "golf collar," What it has to do with golf if anything, remains a mystery to me.
Because back in the day...................;)

855g.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou