Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
To me, the arrival of college football, and pro football, is the best thing to start out the fall/winter season. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on the lounge that enjoys this, so I created this thread for folks to talk about their dislikes and likes of this coming football season. Who else is a fan?

Thanks,

J.J.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Autumn in South Bend, Indiana

Go IRISH! Love Notre Dame football, apple cider, cold crisp fall
afternoons and autumn's crimson stained leaves....:)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Include me OUT!

ufguy11 said:
To me, the arrival of college football, and pro football, is the best thing to start out the fall/winter season. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on the lounge that enjoys this, so I created this thread for folks to talk about their dislikes and likes of this coming football season. Who else is a fan?

Thanks,

J.J.

... sorry JJ, but I grew up in Athens (GA) & those Red & Black clad morons have spoiled more weekends of mine over the last 40 yrs. than I care to think. For some reason these jackholes think a season ticket is a free pass to trash my hometown. If the best time of your life was when you attended University some three decades ago... well, that is just sad, is all I can say.
The Sun AM collection of chicken bones, beer cans & vomit on our lovely 200+ yr. old campus nothing short of revolting. GO DAWGS? yeah, :rage: GO AWAY! :rage:

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
I hardly ever see football game, on TV or otherwise. I like reading about my school's team though (Georgia Southern). They had a running back that had rushed for more yards than any running back in history of NCAA, 6 National Championships. We're consistently in the top 10, but with a new head coach, and our best receiver was killed in an accident, I'm nervous about this season... I do attend Georgia Tech football games fairly often. I get to sit boxed seats and eat free food during the course of the game. That really helps!

richstyle

New in Town
Go Aztecs!

ufguy11 said:

Thanks,

J.J.

I'm with you J.J. Pre-season games--what they used to call exhibition games--are a rip off. And tedious. I've been to a few--college and pro. The starters dont' start. It's just a way for the NFL to pick your pocket. Still, I'm very happy to have the real thing under way.

Last night there were so many good games on it was hard to choose. I stuck with Adrian Petersen and the Sooners and then switched over the Fighting Irish. Both great games. I don't like blow outs. I like a good close game.

Since I live in San Diego, I attend the San Diego State Aztec football games and the Charger games. Not my favorite teams but it's a great way to see some great visiting players.

The Chargers are first up on MNF. Chargers v. Raiders. I've got a friendly bet going. I pick the Chargers to win and give the Raiders 10 points. Anybody else care about that game?

RT

richstyle

New in Town
And in addition to the head-cracking excitement, the sportscasters exhibit a more interesting and quirky sartorial sense than any other branch of the media. Some of those cats wear suits with the buttons covered in the same cloth as their suits.

And it's the only place you can see a FIVE button jacket.

RT

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Boston College football is huge in this town. Tickets are affordable, the tailgating is almost genteel and has a wonderful sense of community, and, perhaps most of all, the kids play their hearts out. If I didn't go to Rutgers, I would be tempted to say, "Go Eagles!" ;)

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
I watched the Notre Dame game since I live where it was played, and I hate to say it to all those Irish fans but I was pullin' for GT. It would help bring my team, Florida, up in the rankings, even though they don't mean a thing.

Also, it's true that Sportcenter and College Gameday type shows are the only place that you see 5 button jackets (yes, thank God).

And as for those that don't enjoy the game, I'm sorry. But I do hope that this thread goes to good use for football fans on the lounge.

J.J.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
ufguy11,

I have been meaning to PM you for some time to confirm that you are a Gator.

Here's a photo of me in my favorite shirt.

panama10-2.jpg

People who have never seen a college football game in the south have no idea what they are missing. There is no comparison between the SEC and the NFL. I'd rather see an SEC game any day.

Phil

A-List Customer
I'm not in college, but I must say, I'd prefer a college game over an NFL game any day. In college, it's still just for fun. In the NFL I feel as if they're just working for a paycheck.

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
That's a great shirt Photbyalan! You're absolutley right, folks that think that Cal should be #9 and that USC was the best team in the nation b/c they had 2 good players do not know what college football is. The SEC is the best and toughest conference in my mind.

J.J.

P.S.-GOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
GO Cal Bears!

We're ranked #9! We're ranked #9! We're ranked...damn.

Ah, well, it was fun while it lasted.
Once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Californium, Berkelium, but still no STANFORDIUM!

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Anybody watching the Miami VS. Florida State game tonight? That should be a good one. Tell me who y'all think is going to win.

J.J.

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
Lena_Horne said:
I may be the lone wolf on the Lounge (or perhaps it just feels that way) but I'm a sucker for the Naval Academy.

Go Navy!!!

L_H

How are you guys liking Coach Johnson? He was our coach for a long time (Georgia Southern), coached GSU to a National Championship many times. His triple option play is still famous down in these parts. In fact, Georgia Tech agreed to play GSU if they did not run that play.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

C! A! N! E! S!

Canes!

hehehe *already on the phone trading shots with my FSU buddies*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy