Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comments You Get When You Dress Vintage

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Ha ha, those stories have cheered me up no end, thanks ladies! (That and the half a battenburg i've just eaten)!

If I were that dude, I would have been 45 minutes early (FWTW). :) Meeting a person like that would have been a terrible misfortune, so he did you a favour.

I was once stood up by a steady beau for a sandwich. He was supposed to pick me up from the mall after I finished shopping with my girlfriends, and he left me standing there in the cold for an hour: "My friend made me a sandwich. I couldn't just leave." ........
This is the winner who crabbed when I borrowed 3 dollars off him for bus fare, and who's idea of a big night out was Denny's to watch UFC for free. :rolleyes: Kissing frogs and all that; It's all part of being a woman.

Back on topic, I discovered tonight that the take-out staff at Swiss Chalet know me: "Oh look, it's the 50s girl."

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I can't imagine any man standing up either of you, Sofia & C-Dot (and for a sandwich?)! You girls are both stunners. Their loss!

I've been married nearly 11 years and had to kiss many, many frogs on the way to find my prince. But boy, when I did find him, it was all worth it. I've got a couple of "first date" stories so bad I can't even post them on a public forum. lol

On a positive note, the nice thing about all those "frogs" is that it makes for funny stories years down the road. :D

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes we should get back on topic!! Although C-dot being as lovely a girl as any cat would want to meet getting stood up for a sandwich beggars belief. Thanks again ladies for your support ladies, i'm over it now. Have new lippie and cake, all is well in the world!

Drappa

One Too Many
Last weekend we went to what was supposed to be a vintage fair, but didn't in fact have a lot of vintage and was quite craft-focussed. I wore a green Horrockses with polka dots, a cream hat, shoes and bag. As soon as I walked in I got lots of compliments from stallholders, had my pictured taken by the organiser, and got stopped by others who asked if I was famous.
Outside we walked into one of my husband's colleagues form work, and he told him today that I looked like a film star and reminded him of Juliette Binoche. I've been feeling a really unattractive lately, but this made my week :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
That sounds a lovely outtit Drappa. No wonder you were the star attraction!

Lovely comment from hubby's colleague too, there is nothing nicer when one is feeling bleurgh to be told you looklike a filmstar!

rue

Today I was walking down the street shopping with my daughter and some teenage (early 20s?) boy yelled "Hey the 50s called and they want you back!" My 95 lb 15 year old daughter wanted to go after him and yell at him, but I took it as a compliment, because even though he didn't mean it as one and he was a decade off, it means I really look vintage :D

Effingham

A-List Customer
Today I was walking down the street shopping with my daughter and some teenage (early 20s?) boy yelled "Hey the 50s called and they want you back!" My 95 lb 15 year old daughter wanted to go after him and yell at him, but I took it as a compliment, because even though he didn't mean it as one and he was a decade off, it means I really look vintage :D

Response: "Hey, your parents called. They want you back home to teach you manners."

rue

That was a compliment from a yet uneducated mind.

M.

I thought I should take it that way too ;)

Response: "Hey, your parents called. They want you back home to teach you manners."

I like that one! I'll use it next time :D

I recently got "I love your dress...it's so...ah...Betty Ford!" Not quite, I was wearing a 40s house dress. But, the comment amused.
X
BD

You do NOT look like Betty Ford! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes