Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conn 30M

Chas

One Too Many
To saxkiwi: you sent me a message but you have your email settings not to receive reply emails.

Is she (her name is Buttercup) for sale? Nope. Nein, nyet, iye and non.

So the answer is most certainly not. Like Chuck Heston once said about his guns, "from my cold dead hands...."

Maybe Fletch wants to sell his...but I'm guessing he won't.

Try Sarge (Steve) at World Wide Sax. He gets them sometimes; he sold a silver plated one a couple of years back. I see he has a beeeauuutifull 10M in Silver plate for sale. Dulce.

conn311TenorA.jpg

I'm probably selling my nickel plated '29 Chu Berry, though.

Good luck on your search. The 30m's are the cat's meow.

Last edited:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Sadly, no...I can't let go of my 30M. I just had the cracked pinkie rollers replaced and it's doing things I never heard it do before.

Mine's named Sandra, BTW, after someone I met in Vancouver years ago.

Chas

One Too Many
Selling a 30M is like kicking out the girlfriend who adores you, treats you like a king, looks and rocks your world like Ava Gardner, cooks like Julia Child and has a father who is rich, thinks you're wonderful and has a bad heart.

It doesn't happen very often.

saxkiwi

New in Town
To saxkiwi: you sent me a message but you have your email settings not to receive reply emails.

Is she (her name is Buttercup) for sale? Nope. Nein, nyet, iye and non.

So the answer is most certainly not. Like Chuck Heston once said about his guns, "from my cold dead hands...."

Maybe Fletch wants to sell his...but I'm guessing he won't.

Try Sarge (Steve) at World Wide Sax. He gets them sometimes; he sold a silver plated one a couple of years back. I see he has a beeeauuutifull 10M in Silver plate for sale. Dulce.

conn311TenorA.jpg

I'm probably selling my nickel plated '29 Chu Berry, though.

Good luck on your search. The 30m's are the cat's meow.

Oh bummer well it was certainly worth a try I know I couldn't sell my conn 26m. They certainly are hard to come by, especially a good one. Maybe you can leave it to me in your will hahaha
By the way what is the left pinky spatula keys like on the 30m? Is it reasonably heavy like my 26m? And is the horn quite free blowing. It would be good to get some advice on the horn I want from some one that owns one! I had my 26m repadded with black roo pads and gold plated reflectors and the sound is great but I dont know the comparison with normal pads without reflectors whether it would be darker or not. Also Ive heard that large chamber mouth pieces are a must for these horns is this correct?..cheers.. I will try to change my e-mail status..saxkiwi

saxkiwi

New in Town
Sadly, no...I can't let go of my 30M. I just had the cracked pinkie rollers replaced and it's doing things I never heard it do before.

Mine's named Sandra, BTW, after someone I met in Vancouver years ago.

Ok Fletch listen up and watch the pendolum swinging, now you are getting sleepy soon you will be closing your eyes and obeying every word I say. When i snap my fingers you will be wide awake and you will listen to my command to package your 30m and send it to saxkiwi in New Zealand postage free, better still you'll take a flight to NZ to accompany the sax to reach me safely without any fear of damage. Ok great Im snapping my fingers now.... :)

Chas

One Too Many
He tries hard, at least.

Mine sounds a lot like this one...his horn looks pretty much like mine, with the same patina to the lacquer.

[video=youtube;8HgLwpgmGs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgLwpgmGs0[/video]

I play a Conn Eagle mouthpiece though I swap it out for a Brilhart Tonalin 4* when the mood strikes.

I'm sorry, am I twisting the knife a little?

saxkiwi

New in Town
Yeah Ive seen this video infact the guy with the 30m actually has two of them. I asked him if he would sell one to me. I mean come on surely one is enough??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24