Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Consumer Reports best wrinkle-free shirt: JC Penney Stafford Essentials

Lou

One of the Regulars
The February 2010 issue of Consumer Reports includes a rating of wrinkle-free men's dress shirts with first place given to Stafford Essentials. It was on FL that I learned of these excellent shirts, and they're all I wear these days (Performance and Signature as well as Essentials). Bravo, CR. :eusa_clap

johnny

New in Town
Stafford shirts are excellent and affordable. I have quite a few in my closet and wear them all the time. Glad to hear other FLers like them too.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
I love the Staffords. Nice heavy oxford cloth, solid collar, great fit, almost NO ironing. Nearly crisp right out of the tumble dryer. :eusa_clap

davestlouis

Practically Family
I've worn a few to the point that they're paper-thin...they do wear well and look decent the whole time. The ones I've had with point collars don't have removable stays which I detest. That's my only beef with them.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Suits

I remember in the 90s reading that more millionaires wore JC Pennys suits than any other brand! Style, quality, and price. That must be how the rich get richer!

MisterGrey

Practically Family
I've long said that should I ever win the lottery, I'd get most of my stuff at JC Penny's. Inexpensive, quality clothing. I've gotten some very nice "Stafford" stuff in the past (my favorite having been a brown glen plaid sportscoat in a silk/wool blend), and am just sorry now that in the ensuing years none of it fits me anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy