Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CONTEST: FREE 1941 Chesterfield Smoking Ad

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Smoking during the Golden Age was not only common, it was COOL. In The Connoisseur Thread and around the Lounge, there are many great ashtrays, smoking jackets, cigarette holders, cigar cutters and Art Deco Bars around people's homes.

What could be better than adding a 1941 Chesterfield Smoking Ad to your home or desk?

cigarette1.JPG

Here's the rules:
You must take a photo of yourself in a smoking environment looking COOL. Lounging, looking into the distance, feet up, dancing with that special someone with a cigarette in your hand are encouraged. Black and white photos are ok if you don't have matching items. Vintage clothing and an environment are NOT required. Looking cool with a smoking related item is, in a Film Noir-style environment. Don't have a cigarette? Use a straw or pipe cleaner instead; we'll never know unless it's a close up photo. This is a contest where Graphic Designers and Photographers can win over Vintage Clothing Enthusiasts. Post photos to this thread, and post questions HERE, do not PM me as my mailbox is almost full.

Due date: March 1, 2008

Judges:
*Vintage Betty
*Mingoslim
*Shearer

About these contests and giveaways:
Vintage Betty is NOT part of the Staff of the Fedora Lounge or even a Volunteer Bartender keeping things in order. She is just simply a long-time collector who wants to share goodies with you, in the hope you like them. She very much appreciates confirmations when the goodies get to the gift recipient. Please no resellers, these items are for your own use. Anyone may enter at no charge from anywhere in the world, unless otherwise posted.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Judges R

Judges RULE!!

I'm pleased to announce that Fedora Lounge members MingoSlim and Shearer have agreed to be the judges in this contest.

You may PM Judge Shearer or Judge Mingoslim directly with bribes of rare cigars, cigarettes, vintage items or standard greenbacks in order to get this smokin' prize (pun intended thankyousomuch).

Vintage Betty

Shearer

Practically Family
Thanks, Vintage Betty!

I just wanted to add that in addition to the bribery items listed above I'll also accept cloche hats or a fine Viognier :D

March 1st isn't for a good while so I hope to see lots of pictures here!

Miss 1940's - love the first picture... the aloof housewife! What exactly are you drinking in the second photo? ;)

mingoslim

Practically Family
On the issue of bribes . . .

Shearer said:
Thanks, Vintage Betty!

I just wanted to add that in addition to the bribery items listed above I'll also accept cloche hats or a fine Viognier :D

March 1st isn't for a good while so I hope to see lots of pictures here!

Miss 1940's - love the first picture... the aloof housewife! What exactly are you drinking in the second photo? ;)

Cash is always lovely, but vintage lighters, cigarrette cases, and narrow ties will also garner my vote ;)

So com'on folks . . . Where are those contest bribes . . . er, ummm . . . I mean contest entries?

Shearer

Practically Family
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Well, I know it's almost the weekend and you'll all be taking pictures for this contest, right? :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
FDR SAYS...

My fellow members of the community, I offer this photo as a fair contender for the Chesterfield ad that would "Satisfy" me... lol

777306287_l.jpg

My self horsin' around as FDR on the Queen Mary... after a party.

A second photo to offer...

what2cq9.jpg

Late night at the Pantry... says it all... lol

mingoslim

Practically Family
Great entries, boys and girls . . .

:eusa_clap

But I know there are more out there . . .
And let us not forget that there is a second "smoking" contest, for comedic entries . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran