Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CONTEST: FREE 1941 Chesterfield Smoking Ad

KilroyCD

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
Btw, KillroyCD, I believe that artwork if from a fellow Lounger.

Sincerely,
The Wolf
I know it is, and if I could remember who did it I would certainly give credit where credit was due. When I first saw it, I liked it so much I saved it to my hard drive. When I saw Retrogirl's photo, I thought the artwork would be a perfect reply. Does anybody know who did the artwork? [huh]

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
First time I ever bought cigarettes....:eek:

smokealley1desatforum.jpg
[/IMG]

Josephine

One Too Many
KilroyCD said:
Does anybody know who did the artwork? [huh]

It's the gentleman who has a circle avatar, and right now it has a white sign with black lettering on a wooden stake that says something to the effect that the person usually in the avatar (a hand drawn cartoon man from the chest up with back hair and I believe a dark blue coat looks like he is wearing a cravat to me, and a snooty expression on his face, he looks like the character in the B&W cartoon, but better drawn) is gone and will be back later. The sign is tilted to the viewer's right.

Whoever that is. :)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations are in order to our winner Forgotten Man for his FDR photo!

It was a very tough contest, with Forgotten Man skimming by a tiny margin of points with the runner up of Miss 1940s for her Housewife Pose.

The Judges mentioned over and over again how much we ENJOYED your participation and how DIFFICULT it was to choose any winner at all!

Forgotten Man: My mailbox is full, so please wait a couple days and I'll PM you with regards to your mailing address.

Thank you everyone for a GREAT CONTEST! And especially a warm Thank You to our great judges: Mingoslim and Shearer!

Vintage Betty

mingoslim

Practically Family
Congrats to All . . .

You gotta love VB, for taking the time to do these contests . . . for sending out great prizes . . . and for generally being a joy . . . a true FL Treasure.

Gotta also love the folks who use their creativity, and time to give us all a little lift with their great entries . . .

You all were smashing!

Slim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy