Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I insist that all my suits be made of hemp. Then if things get eally bad, I can alwasy smoke it.

Since I brought it up, any vintage era or modern suits made of hemp?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At nearly $300 US, I decided I didn't need yet another overcoat since I have so few to begin with (cough cough :rolleyes: ) but this was a beauty!

mag1.jpg

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Before cotton became popular the three common plant (i.e. not wool or hair)staples for spinning and weaving were flax, hemp and jute. All are still used for clothing, bags and ropes (particularly in areas where cotton won't grow) and are superior to cotton in terms of durability at the expense of softness.

Alan

reetpleat said:
Actually quite a few. LIneln like mostly. Some are VEGAN too!!!!!

http://www.rawganique.com/Dept-Mens/organic-hemp-dress-jackets.htm

Coursse, how many hippies really wear suits. BUt you never know.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Just won: belted back linen suit, plain back linen suit, some shirts, some slacks, and a scarf!

Also: be on the lookout for a larger sized palm beach suit. I can't decide whether I should try to clean it myself or just sell it "as is"

1107lot09a.JPG

1107lot09.JPG

Hello Slicedbread,

I would, if i were you, clean the palm beach suit myself. It's insanely easy stuff to clean. It can take a lot of agitation without damage - if the fabric is sound. Don't put it in the washing machine! Hand clean only. I used a generic fake oxy clean on mine, and it came out great.

I knew i should have bought that lot first time around. If i was still in the US, i would have.

bk

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
Hello Slicedbread,

I would, if i were you, clean the palm beach suit myself. It's insanely easy stuff to clean. It can take a lot of agitation without damage - if the fabric is sound. Don't put it in the washing machine! Hand clean only. I used a generic fake oxy clean on mine, and it came out great.

I knew i should have bought that lot first time around. If i was still in the US, i would have.

bk

Actually, I just finished testing a new (to me) cleaning product. I tested it on a variety of vintage textiles, and took photos of the process, and was going to write a review. The results on linen in particular were astounding.

Slicedbread, if you want to contact me, I will give product info.

Everyone else gets to wait for my review. ;)

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou