Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

cookie

I'll Lock Up
reetpleat said:
Beautiful shoes.

I must say though, as a seller, I am shocked that a seller with shoes like this would not do a better job ascertaining size. Have a friend try them on. How hard is that?

You run the risk of an unhaappy buyer, and whoo knows how much more you might get from that one buyer who is afraid to bid unless he knows the size? maybe nothing more, but could translate into many dollars.

Exactly! If I did not ask the internal size and he listed the question and answer it would be a 10D but those in the know reckoned that at 11.5 internally it was really 10.5D....the optimum size for sale. I know this because my Weyenbergs are 10.5Es and are really a generous 11E.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
volatile said:
And that's why the "No links to Live Auctions" rule needs rethinking, IMHO.

Right now, f.i., there's a very nice 30's white cotton db summer suit ,side belted trousers , too small for me (40r), 'Buy it now' optional, on l'eBay Fr. [huh]

Edit: Oh, and three pairs of deadstock plus-fours.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Well, my auction is over. The winning bid price: $861. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160386568700 To my knowledge, it's the second highest price ever fetched on eBay for a (non-celebrity owned, non-couture/bespoke) vintage men's suit. :)

The suit's new home will be in Osaka, Japan. Many, many thanks to any and all Fedora Loungers who made bids, and hearty congratulations to the fellow for whom I sold it! :eusa_clap

Surprise, surprise ... look at what suddenly popped up on eBay right after the above auction ended. Notice the
'Buy-It-Now' price: http://cgi.ebay.com/1930s-30s-BELTE...ptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item4a9d2c27fc

Nonchalant

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:

Well, my auction is over. The winning bid price: $861. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160386568700 To my knowledge, it's the second highest price ever fetched on eBay for a (non-celebrity owned, non-couture/bespoke) vintage men's suit. :)

The suit's new home will be in Osaka, Japan. Many, many thanks to any and all Fedora Loungers who made bids, and hearty congratulations to the fellow for whom I sold it! :eusa_clap

Surprise, surprise ... look at what suddenly popped up on eBay right after the above auction ended. Notice the
'Buy-It-Now' price: http://cgi.ebay.com/1930s-30s-BELTE...ptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item4a9d2c27fc

:rolleyes: Mr. Johnny-Come-Lately here was obviously frothing at the mouth when he saw the high price that your suit has fetched, judging by the hastily taken photos and cobbled together feel of the auction.

Your suit went for what may seem like a high, even astronomical price for a vintage suit to some, but consider it's quality (Mr. Johnny-Come-Lately take note). Perhaps your suit wasn't a high-end piece in it's day, but the quality of workmanship is still evident, and not merely because it has a "fancy" back (which is still more interesting than the new one being offered due to the fact that yours has a yoke and a center pleat, and is not simply a belt with gathered fabric). There are so many reasons why I love this suit, for instance, take the RARE wool crepe fabric, the tapered waist, the slash pockets... It is an early 1930's piece in immaculate condition - I can vouch for this myself as I have seen the suit in person. It is truly one of the finest vintage pieces I have ever seen. I'm glad it has gone to an owner who will appreciate it.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Mysterious Mose said:
Right now, f.i., there's a very nice 30's white cotton db summer suit ,side belted trousers , too small for me (40r), 'Buy it now' optional, on l'eBay Fr.

Edit: Oh, and three pairs of deadstock plus-fours.

Thanks! It's a fine suit. Extremely tiny (about a 34 Short). The plus-fours are great, too. Waist size is about 27 inches, if anyone is interested.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:

Just not the same. Belted back adn three piece, yes. But in size 36? i say he will be lucky to crack $350

theinterchange

One Too Many

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:

Shaking my head in disbelief. It's '50s Savile Row! Only one bid? http://cgi.ebay.com/Capt-Hs-Vintage...UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing?hash=item1c0e9b9aeb

Yes. Quite amazing. Perhaps if he had double listed it in 40s. this suit would go eaqsily into the office, without looking too vintage, due to the lighter weight fabric. truly beautiful. maybe not a top choice of someone that wants a real distinct vintage 'gangster" look. but an amazing piece. I would have started the price at at least 100 pounds. I would think this would bring $250 at least.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
reetpleat said:
Yes. Quite amazing. Perhaps if he had double listed it in 40s. this suit would go eaqsily into the office, without looking too vintage, due to the lighter weight fabric. truly beautiful. maybe not a top choice of someone that wants a real distinct vintage 'gangster" look. but an amazing piece. I would have started the price at at least 100 pounds. I would think this would bring $250 at least.

He starts just about everything at 99p and still gets high bids on much of his stuff. One uniform he had up went for over 7000 pounds. Some things end up going for not much. I suppose it balances out for him in the end.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
I was watching that too! Not because it would fit me, but because I loved how it looked. Great coat, I hope it warms the heart & body of the person who now owns it :p

No doubt!

I desired it so badly but it just wouldn't fit. :(

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails