Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordova Handmade Caps / Johnny J's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! Yeah, it does take some time to get it right and maybe would be even better if I had some puzzled crown blocks but those are hard to find used or vintage and to have them made is quite expensive.

Just found this in a book called Our Scottish District Checks. Made for use on the Strathconon estate, and designed in 1909.

IMG_1291.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
First time making a cap with this color fabric:

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

I want to say this is a cap Johnny made for me and the craftsmanship is wonderful. The material also looks like an exact match for what Baron just posted. This is the second cap I have from Johnny with the other one being a lightweight linen cap. I asked for the dimensions to be slightly smaller on this one and it turned out great. When I got it the fit was a little tighter than my first one so I emailed Johnny to see if these can be stretched slightly. He said they could if I wanted to try it or he offered to replace it. I ended up stretching it just a tad and the fit is now perfect. Johnny's work is first class and so is his customer service.

Feraud

Bartender
I've changed it cause I wanted to have a little more fabric on the rear of cap, and also I think the first ones might have been a little too large on the dimensions, so I also started being careful on how I sew the darts and how long I should make them. Just little details here and there and always trying to get that original vintage look.
Thanks Johnny!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! I took apart an 8 panel newsboy cap a couple of days ago and seen how the pieces where shaped and kind of implimented that style on the darts and it does give it a better look towards the bottom sides of cap. Keeps the fabric more closer to your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97