Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordovan horse by aero

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi guys,
I'm interested in possibly getting into a cordovan aero.im waiting for a brown fqhh one to arrive, and I think I would prefer to have a colour variety instead of two brown ones.i thought about the vintage brown, unsure of how different it is to the standard brown? Anyway, I'm very keen to see any brag shots of new and older worn in cordovan aeros. Also, what colour shoes and belt go with cordovan apart from cordovan?
Cheers for any help..

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have 2 jackets in standard Aero brown, both different shades but 10 years apart. A 10 year old Highwayman, the brown looks like most pics of older Aero jackets. Now I have a teamster that I ordered because when I saw a factory example, I changed my mind from cordovan to this. It is a rich dark brown with slight fading and darkening much like a Horse Chestnut fresh from its shell(Conkers) is the best I can describe it. The two shades are so far apart but I dont have any pictures to post yet. So simply, without pics, I would say send for a sample.
As they say TTIWWP
Anyone got any new Aero's to post?
J

Edward

Bartender
250721_10150831101222260_1352761461_n.jpg

Aero Bootlegger, 2010 manufacture. Made, I think, during the infamouse Storse period, but believe to be FQHH as labelled. This photo was taken in early March 2012. The jacket has aged well. Ages pretty much like black leather - goes lighter at points of wear and so on. Photo colour is reasonably accurate - a sort of purply red, a true burgundy. I very much prefer it with burgundy accessories (I'm eying a pair of Aero's Java boots in cordovan to go with it), though black can also work. Definitely mixes better with black and blues than browns, to my eye. If you want a jacket with a different colour-vibe than the brown one you already own and don't care for a black one, cordovan fqhh is a great way to go. FWIW, I have had a limited experience of the infamous cordovan-bleed on white-collared shirts, but only on a few occasions when I've built up a sweat with the jacket on for several hours at a time, and at that nothing which didn't come out in a normal wash.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Bunny, here's a pic of the sleeve of my > year old 30's half belt. I wear mine with both black and brown accessories, ( I put a shot of today's footwear in there as a reference)

Sleeve
image.jpg

Sleeve (no flash)
image.jpg

Jacket and brown boot
image.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Looks great. I don't wear much black( apart from a heap of mc jackets), will check the vintage or tumbled brown aswell. That cordovan does look nice. Thanks for the input guys

smoz

One of the Regulars
Clark's collaborated with Horween last year and brought out a range of both their classic desert boots and wallabee boots in aniline CXL leather last year. They came in a range of colours including burgundy.

They don't seem to be available any more directly from Clark's website, I managed to find a pair elsewhere, I thought they would go with my cordovan highwayman, pictures to follow.

http://clarksoriginals.com/news/post/horween-x-clarks-originals

This picture is not mine but will give you an idea.

20356320_01.jpg

Attachments

• 20356320_01.jpg
    20356320_01.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great stuff! Thanks guys, I really do like the look of it. I've read some have had dramas with bleeding? Has anyone here had any issues?

smoz

One of the Regulars
When my highwayman was brand new (early 2011) I deliberately wore it with an old white shirt to see if it suffered from colour bleed, there was minimal bleed but as Edward said above, nothing that wasn't easily washed out. After the first few days I have not noticed any further transference of colour.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff! Thanks guys, I really do like the look of it. I've read some have had dramas with bleeding? Has anyone here had any issues?

Sorry bit late to this here but the cordovan bleeding kerfuffle was back around 2006/2007 and seemed to possibly relate to a certain batch of hides. Don't have one myself but there hasn't been any real loud noises about problems with the cordovan since then. Lovely colour, Edward's being a great example of just how good it can look.

smoz

One of the Regulars
O M G smoz those boots looks amazingly brilliant! How are they working out? Bad i hope so I can buy them :D

Griff, unfortunately they fit me perfectly, are very comfortable, look fantastic and I love Clark's desert boots. You will have to prise them from my cold, dead feet. Alternatively, and preferably as I don't fancy having my feet prised from by anyone, these are the people I bought them from (I have no connection with them and had never dealt with them before) : http://wellgosh.com/clarks-desert-boot-leather-burgundy.html

<edit> looks like I got the last pair of size nines though

Last edited:

morrison2951

Practically Family
Because most of my leather jackets are various shades of brown goat, cow and deer, when I had the chance to get a rare HH Vanson Enfield in cordovan I took the leap and have not looked back. The color really is unique and it's become my favorite. You can't be shy wearing cordovan because you will get noticed!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Because most of my leather jackets are various shades of brown goat, cow and deer, when I had the chance to get a rare HH Vanson Enfield in cordovan I took the leap and have not looked back. The color really is unique and it's become my favorite. You can't be shy wearing cordovan because you will get noticed!

Pic! Pic! Pic! :D

morrison2951

Practically Family
I'm sold on the cordovan moreso than my brown leather jackets- it's like brown with a unique twist!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner