Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Cossack" Style Russian Fur Caps

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Several years ago I had a friend and coworker who emigrated from the Ukrain in the former USSR. One winter day my friend was sporting a "cossack style" fur cap without earflaps.You`ve seen these in movies before...kind of like a cylinder and they appear to have a flat top(top of cap is actually round but recessed). This was one really cool and fun piece of headware!Wearing it made me want to fold my arms across my chest and do the leg-kicking ethnic dance("HEY!").Here`s a pic of the type of "cossack" fur hat my buddy had(called a "Cuban Cossack" style).

popup_image.php

Another style is called the "Gogol" style.
popup_image.php

Some searching online shows several types of these "cossack" fur hats.Here`s Russian products site that has lots of pics.
index.php

What do you think?
HMH

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
I agree with you and would probably only wear such a fur hat for fun.A buddy of mine has a winter wardrobe made up almost completly of european(german,swedish,danish,dutch)military surplus items. I`ve seen him wearing a similar looking fur cap as the one you listed.

HMH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn