Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cringing re-make of The WILD BUNCH

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
Who will be the sub-moronic Producer/Director/Investment Company, with the temerity to think that they can remake Sam Peckinpah's "The WILD BUNCH" and attempt to improve or better characterize the story, the time, circumstances, timing or character development of that rarest of classics???

Which mis-casting director's career would fall for attempting to find any actor extant that could fill the shoes of the original huge cast of wonderful natural talents that appeared in the original film?
God! What a daunting task.
I seriously cannot name any current "alleged talent" that could play any part in a remake.
Except possibly Robert Duvall for almost any role except the Mexican table top dancing girl.lol
I could have some devilish fun with my usual intentional miscasting, but I love The WILD BUNCH too well to do it.
I'll abstain and let those herein move the casting couch anywhere they please.

(Note: Thankfully, after a stunning lack of economic success, the "entertainment moguls" have had the grace to allow such badly concieved travesties such as the TV versions of The MAGNIFICENT SEVEN and LONESOME DOVE, to silently slip away after dismal efforts to recreate tepid copies of the fine originals; placing them on weekly position changing life support and watching them waste away like a fondly thought of friend with a terminal illness.)

Ridiculous Casting is now open: Julia Roberts in the Dutch Engstrom part IS a non starter.lol lol lol
Lindsey Lohan is also out for the Sykes(Strother Martin) part.lol lol lol lol

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I agree that it's a mistake to remake this classic, but if they're going to do it besides Robert Duvall 2 guys that I think would have the right look would be Sam Elliott and Tom Selleck.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is yet another of those situations where they are exploiting the title and the movie had absolutely nothing to do with the original plot. It's modern day for chrissake!
http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinproduction/a/wildbunch110405.htm
http://www.themovieblog.com/2005/11/wild-bunch-remake-details
http://www.tomsgames.com/us/fringedrinking/2006/10/david_ayers_updated_the_wild_b.html

A complete bunch of crapola
th_whacky086.gif

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
Twitch said:
This is yet another of those situations where they are exploiting the title and the movie had absolutely nothing to do with the original plot. It's modern day for chrissake!
http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinproduction/a/wildbunch110405.htm
http://www.themovieblog.com/2005/11/wild-bunch-remake-details
http://www.tomsgames.com/us/fringedrinking/2006/10/david_ayers_updated_the_wild_b.html

A complete bunch of crapola
th_whacky086.gif

My God!!!
There really are schmucks in the woods that think a Picasso, a DaVinci, a Rembrandt, whoever; that can be improved upon, by using brighter colors or using a roller or spray paint gun.
What a outright crying shame.
I was just speculating about a re-make of an UN-re-makable film.
And having a giggle over the casting of a very hard film to cast.
But just think.
Some Left Coast a--hole actually thinks he can improve on Sam Peckinpah and Walon Green.
That there are other L.Q.Jones, Strother Martin, Robert Ryan. An Edmund O'Brien; no less a William Holden, Ernest Borgnine or a Ben Johnson or any of the classic characters of the real "WILD BUNCH"?
The CIA? Catrels? Ex-military looking for a last score? In South Central L.A. and Mexico????
Tell me they did not use the names of the original characters.
They cast the Gorch Brothers?? Who with? LL Big Butt or Marky Sparky or is it the Gorch Sisters now?
They (the writers/director/producers) missed the entire point of TIME.
One era closing down and a new era begining with the protagonists of the old era caught between the two, with nowhere to go.
The last custom buggy whip maker finishing the last buggy whip, with no further orders for his only craft, as automobiles take over from horses.

Gimme a great big break.
The word I used in my first offering was temerity. I was spot on.
A curse on them, their houses and all their children, and all those who feed them fast food, and supply their mousse.
Weintraub and Ayers,........
May their houses slip down the hill into the swiming pools of their contemporaries. May they recieve their 32 probation for DUI, and no photographer or reporter care when they leave rehab. May their hair transplants become infected or may they run out or maroon hair dye.
Wait! They have already been cursed with terminal stupidity and lack of originality.
Kurosawa indeed. You my Yojimbos, are no Kurosawas.
"HARSH TIMES" indeed.
I'm pissed, and most likely to remain that way.

Thank you for brightening my day Twitch.:(

Good bye. I have to go to my screaming room now.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Wild Bunch is my favorite of all time. But another cult classic I love The Warriors was supposed to be "remade" too. But not located in NYC but LA with a wholely different plot. I don't know what happened but it didn't get released when it was supposed to as far as I know.

I say it's fine to lean on an old flick and say "in the tradition of_ _ _" but don't use the title and don't call it a remake!!:rage:
th_violent069.gif

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:
I say it's fine to lean on an old flick and say "in the tradition of_ _ _" but don't use the title and don't call it a remake!!:rage:

... better to lean in the tradition of nothing, with all respect :rolleyes:

if you have to lean on something, lean on your creative imagination, now that'd be a refreshing change! :)

dr greg

One Too Many
I'm wild

It's not a remake in the classic sense, it's more like tarantino "remaking" city on fire to "create" reservoir dogs, so maybe not such a crime, which is what remaking it as a WESTERN would be. And besides, didn't EXTREME PREJUDICE rip off TWB very successfully 20 years ago?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
apparently the director or producer or whatever is going to loosly base his movie off The Wild Bunch and not give it the same name...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran