Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Curlers and Bandanas...

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Do any of you that happen to keep curlers in during the early morning into the day, find that wearing a bandana around them helps to speed up the drying process?

I have a hard time doing curlers at night since I have to be at the bus stop at 7am with my son and I'm not even remotely ready to put myself together that early in the morning, so I'm afraid my hair would be a disaster or even not dry yet if I took the curlers out that early.

Anway, I had them in all day today wrapped in a nice scarf, so I was just wondering. I haven't taken them out yet as I have an engagement this evening and want to look smashingly vintage! :D

Cheers,

~Danielle

Laura Chase

One Too Many
For me, it doesn't speed up the drying process. I just wear the bandana because it helps keep the curlers/pincurls in place, and lets me move freely without having to worry about the curlers/pins falling out.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
For me, scarves and bandannas actually lengthen my drying time. I think it's the fact that the scarf keeps the curlers enclosed and away from the air. Also, my bandannas sometimes will absorb the water and then hold it, keeping my curls from ever drying.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Odalisque said:
For me, scarves and bandannas actually lengthen my drying time. I think it's the fact that the scarf keeps the curlers enclosed and away from the air. Also, my bandannas sometimes will absorb the water and then hold it, keeping my curls from ever drying.

For this reason, I prefer chiffon scarves. They let the air end and if they pick up moisture, they dry quickly. Not that, I ever really do wet sets, though, because no matter what I use (or don't use) to cover my hair, it will never dry.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
For this reason, I prefer chiffon scarves. They let the air end and if they pick up moisture, they dry quickly. Not that, I ever really do wet sets, though, because no matter what I use (or don't use) to cover my hair, it will never dry.

I've learned that the only way my wet sets will dry is to leave them in for at least a day. Like a full 24 hours. So, it has to be a very special occasion or I have to be very bored to invest in a wet set. lol

Tikismall

New in Town
Curlers oh my!

I know that when my rollers are in and rather snug (in a scarf or too damp and rolled tight) they don't dry very well (my hair has had a lot of processes so it soaks water in faster and also takes longer to dry) I know for sure my sets look real nasty when they're out and still "settin".

I think the best bet is to let them dry as best as you can before you take them out.
I sleep in those bad boys!

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Yeah I have pretty thick hair myself and it seems like it takes forever and a day for a set to dry. So I stick to hot rollers.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I don't experience this with pincurls, but my hair is neither thick nor long. I just do the pincurls in slightly damp hair (not wet, never), sprayed with lottabody (which, btw, dries much faster than water), throw on a thin bandana and have them in for 8-12 hours.

But I guess with solid curlers it would take longer to dry because the hair is enclosed.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Well, I ended up having to leave them in all day, that's for sure. I have long hair though. I took most out and came across one or two I have to leave in a bit longer through dinner, but then they dried and were fine.

I kept them in a scarf most of the day, and I thought the warmth generated might help with the drying process. It was a thought. :)

Thanks for all your feedback ladies!

~D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy