Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Hide briefcases

android

One of the Regulars
I ordered this a few months ago and I've been meaning to post some pictures. This is a cross between item # 9201 and item # 9101 in the whiskey color. These guys were great to work with and very cooperative in making the changes I requested.

The leather is beautiful and the stitching and build quality are outstanding.
46822917.jpg

Here's a detail of the buckle and straps. This is after a few applications of mid tan Kiwi shoe polish.
46822901.jpg

Here's the strap before shoe polish. You can see the orginal lighter colored stitching.
46822900.jpg

android

One of the Regulars
Yes, it was made to order as are all of their products.

The 9201 is a single compartment briefcase and it has strap keepers at the top and bottom and it comes with a shoulder strap.

1945_Army_Briefcase_Single.jpg

The 9101 is a three compartment that only has the strap keepers at the bottom.

1945_US_Army_Briefcase.jpg

I asked them to make the three compartment model with padding for my computer in the center compartment and a front like the 9201 with a shoulder strap and voila!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Custom hide is one of those companies that makes goods that are not affected by being a brand name.
When you buy an item from the shop it is your item and yours alone.

You see it from a distance and say... that's Matt Deckard's Briefcase, and not... that's a cool louis vouton case. They are classic and like Eddie bauer and Brooks Brothers or all those other stores of old they make it to your specs.

You can say I'm taking a trip to do this this and that and this is what I need and they'll say "Okay".

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Has anyone tried their nickel hardware?

And, android, the bag looks just as great over here as it does at AA! Congratulations on such a nice briefcase.

(Counting my pennies...)

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Really nice case. It'll last a life time and only get better with age. Is it cow hide or horse hide? How do you contact the company? Thanks for posting the photos.

srivats

Familiar Face
Customhide 1945 army briefcase with modifications - lots of (huge) pics

I had ordered a 1945 army briefcase with modifications from Custom Hide leathers in August and finally the bag arrived today. Thought I will share pics with you all.

The bag is pretty good. I expected better leather but again we are not talking about SAB briefcases here. Customhide did a good job but I feel that could have been much more ... the insides have a rough suede finish that looks like it will flake for a bit before it settles down. They also did not do two mods I had asked for but agreed to refund me the money they had charged me for those, which is nice. The hardware is solid in the bag, but I am disappointed with the thin strap. I probably will be using a different one. Overall, this is a solid bag and it will last me for a while but not all my life.

Here are the pics both with and without flash: http://grove.ufl.edu/~psrivats/customhide

The pics are HUGE, I warn you!

srivats

Familiar Face
I actually posted the pics but they were too huge, so I uploaded them to my school webspace ... hope the mods are OK with this.

poetman

A-List Customer
Custom Hide

I am interested in ordering a briefcase/shoulder bag from the Custom Hide company. Does anyone have any reviews or reactions if you've ordered from them? Also, if you have one of their bags, do you have a picture of the bag on you, or some way where I can tell the size of the bag in relation to other things, particularly the width of the bag? I'm a little hesitant to order the bag without seeing it first, but they look great. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

mwelch8404

Familiar Face
Although I don't have a photo, I do have a Custom Hide Scholar four compartment in whisky.

I love it. The four compartment scholar is BIG. Holds a lot. Even my huge HP lappy will fit (I don't have the computer version of the bag.)

But the straps do work and will easily shrink the "width" of the bag if you don't have a lot in it.

I carried mine for a year and a half daily with no problems. A little Lexol once in a while and looks great.

The ONLY reason I'm still not carrying it daily is I have a different job and don't need to haul tons of paperwork.

Now I carry a Orvis bag for my "EDC."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo